Re: FW: Big pile of VAX documentation to be disposed

  • ysgdhio
    Message 1 of 8 , May 4, 2007
      > Can someone rescue this documentation?

      Do we really NEED it?

      I mean, seriously, we haven't catalogued the stuff we have now,
      never mind dragging in any more stuff.

      Andy
      Message 2 of 8 , May 4, 2007
        I know, but I hate to see good local stuff go.

        Many people ask me about cataloging. I'm all for it. But the VCF and
        our physical home are higher priorities, and our people / time / money
        are very limited.

        I mean, seriously, we haven't catalogued the stuff we have now,
        never mind dragging in any more stuff.

        Andy

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • ysgdhio
        Message 3 of 8 , May 4, 2007
          wrote:
          > our people / time / money are very limited.

          If that's true, we should be much more selective about what we pick up.

          Just because something is being offered for free,
          it still ends up costing us people, time or money.

          Andy
        • Sridhar Ayengar
          Message 4 of 8 , May 4, 2007
            ysgdhio wrote:
            > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...>
            > wrote:
            >> our people / time / money are very limited.
            >
            > If that's true, we should be much more selective about what we pick up.
            >
            > Just because something is being offered for free,
            > it still ends up costing us people, time or money.

            Except that a grey wall is actually a pretty important thing to have.

            Peace... Sridhar
            Message 5 of 8 , May 5, 2007
              Andy,

              I hear what you are saying but documentation is the key to making things work and is often much harder to find than the hardware. As a museum we cannot have too much documentation. Cataloging will come in time. In the meantime I agree with Evan that first we need a home for our museum and then some exhibits would be nice.

              Jim

              Message 6 of 8 , May 5, 2007

                The good news is that starting this summer, building #9032 sections B & C – MARCH’s area is in C – will become InfoAge-wide projects, not just individual club projects.  So we’ll have lots of help.