TCF was great fun

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2007
      Hello all,

      TCF was a great success. If you weren't there, you missed a lot of fun. Bill and Dave had the outside booth running great when I arrived Saturday afternoon while Evan, Andy and Bryan were handing a steady crowd inside. Shortly after I arrived some guy in a flea market booth on the other row started yelling that everything was free. His wife just got a new job and he wanted to clean out his booth and go home. I picked up a 10-pound copy of the network version of ProComm Plus, totally original and unopened. Did anyone know there was such a thing? Two hours later, that booth was empty and the guy was gone! I also bought an iMac system unit for $1. At the end of Day 1, we loaded the outside booth into my car so Bill could head home. In what is fast becoming a tradition, Herb led us to "the ribs place" where ten of us had dinner. I overate.

      Sunday morning we set up the outside booth around my car. For a while the weather looked threatening but instead got better as the day progressed. I got minor sun burn where I once had more hair. Late in the day, after hours of just telling people about MARCH, things started to sell! Well, a few things sold which was a great relief. At the end of the day we loaded the Info-Age tables and a few other items into Herb's car and then stuffed Bryan's car with most of the rest. What was left came up to Connecticut with me. The drive home was uneventful other than choosing the absolute worst possible approach to the George Washington Bridge. I inched forward for an hour while traffic wizzed by in the other lanes.

      Whether TCF was a financial success depends on what I hear from Bill on the Day 1 sales. I'm still pulling together the numbers for Day 2 and will release a summary when its been summarized. [Geez, I could run for President with eloquence like that!] I do believe we generated some interest in MARCH and in VCF. We'll know for sure in five weeks.

      We owe thanks to Bill D. for fronting the money for the flea market booth. To Evan, Andy and Bryan for staffing the indoor booth. To Dave C for helping outside both days. And in particular to Herb and Bryan for hauling stuff to Info-Age.

      Now we all need to dig in and get our exhibits ready for VCF!