All set for TCF!

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2007
      Hey guys (and even one or two ladies),

      Just finished packing my car for tomorrow morning.

      The bad news: there's a whopping 5 cubic feet of trunk space -- not a typo
      -- five measly cubic feet!

      The good news: I'm a creative packer! In the trunk, I managed to fit an
      HP-85, TI Silent 700, metal collapsible easel, our rolled-up club banner, a
      small package of club flyers, and one box. The box contains an Atari 2600,
      manuals for the HP and TI, and various cables and things. Squeezed a
      13-inch TV into the passenger seat, along with a fully stuffed bookbag and a
      small folding hand truck. Put a framed picture behind the passsenger seat.
      The big challenge was the PVC tubes for hanging our banner. They went in at
      a strange angle from the floor of the passenger seat to behind the top of
      the driver seat. Miraculously, I can still see out the passenger and rear
      windows.

      The indoor exhibits (rec center) open at 10am while the outdoor booths
      (parking lot swap meet) open at 9am. I plan to arrive around 8, get my
      badge (and my guest badge, which is for Andy), and starting setting up the
      indoor booth. Steve G. is bringing four tables for our outdoor booth.
      He'll also arrive around 8 and will contact Bill D. to rendezvous there.

      Looking forward to seeing you people! I've always said that seeing friends
      is my favorite part of our events. VCFs are our bread-and-butter, TCF is
      our neighbor, InfoAge is home, the swap meet was fun, and HOPE was awesome.
      But despite all the vintage tech, the best part is always just the real-life
      gathering.

      This year it'll be: me, Andy, Jim, Bill D., Bryan, Herb, David C., Dan (did
      we ever meet offline? I'm not sure), Joyce (mystery woman?), probably Steve
      for a while, probably Frank for a while, and even Claude (donator of some
      big iron) ... who also may bring a 7-foot-tall poster for our indoor booth
      ... cool! There are usually a few lurkers too ... Bob Applegate, Bob Grieb
      ... I hope you guys come say hello this year!! John A., are you going too?
      Also I'm happy to announce that Herb will once again lead the way for
      Saturday night's dinner and ice cream.

      I probably forgot to pack something, and I probably forgot to list someone
      -- sorry.

      See you all tomorrow!!

      - Evan / 646-546-9999