What I learned today about the ASR-33!

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 19, 2007
      It fits in a Miata if you're creative enough. :)

      A guy in Morristown, unaware of MARCH, cleaned out his storage unit and
      found his ASR-33 last week. He put it there 20 years ago and it worked
      fine back then. Last week he Googled, in search of a good home for it,
      and he stumbled onto Sellam's name. Sellam pointed him to us.

      I went to rescue it at lunch today. We put the legs/feet upside-down in
      my passenger seat and the car door BARELY closed. The teletype itself fit
      with a few inches to spare in my trunk. That left just enough room for
      the unopened extra ribbon and a used roll of paper.

      Will haul this down to InfoAge.

      Also: we still need a volunteer for this Sunday. Anyone interested?
      (We'll close in two weeks for TCF.)
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 19, 2007
        great news.
        bd

        > It fits in a Miata if you're creative enough. :)
        >
        > A guy in Morristown, unaware of MARCH, cleaned out his storage unit and
        > found his ASR-33 last week. He put it there 20 years ago and it worked
        > fine back then. Last week he Googled, in search of a good home for it,
        > and he stumbled onto Sellam's name. Sellam pointed him to us.
        >
        > I went to rescue it at lunch today. We put the legs/feet upside-down in
        > my passenger seat and the car door BARELY closed. The teletype itself fit
        > with a few inches to spare in my trunk. That left just enough room for
        > the unopened extra ribbon and a used roll of paper.
        >
        > Will haul this down to InfoAge.
        >
        > Also: we still need a volunteer for this Sunday. Anyone interested?
        > (We'll close in two weeks for TCF.)
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        -END-