TCF plans

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 18, 2007
      Hello all,

      I just ordered a vendor ticket so I can get into the show on Saturday and set up on Sunday morning. Hopefully someone else will be willing to use Bill's vendor pass and help set up. Where do we stand with tables? Also, my tarps are way past their prime and not suitable for use at TCF. I have some plastic drop sheets that can be used to cover things in the event of a sprinkle.

      Next thing I need is a place to stay Saturday nite. Can someone make a recommendation?

      Jim

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 18, 2007
        I still have one extra pass.  Who wants it?

        I'm pretty sure that Steve G. will deliver our a few tables for us from InfoAge to the college early Saturday morning.  Will confirm that this week.

        Motel-wise, I recommend the Red Roof Inn, on Rt. 1 South in Lawrenceville.  I stayed there a few times before and will stay there again this year.  It's decent and convenient.

        Hopefully, Herb on Saturday night will once again lead us to the local steakhouse!

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 18, 2007
          >>> I still have one extra pass.  Who wants it?

          Scratch that.  Dibs goes to our esteemed founder, Andy.

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 19, 2007
            --- "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:

            > Hopefully, Herb on Saturday night will once again lead us to the local
            > steakhouse!

            Thanks for the heads-up, Evan.

            Evan is referring to the prior two TCF's, where I "led" some of the
            MARCH members to H. I. Ribs in Pennington NJ, a ribs and general
            restaurant which is a several miles north of the TCF events, on
            Pennington Road (Route 31) which is the western boundary of the
            College grounds. Pay for your own of course.

            http://www.hirib.com/Location/

            There is also a motel there, Stage Depot Motel. A kind of mom-and-pop,
            at something like $55 a night. It's mentioned on the TCF Web site. I
            could not find a Web site in casual Web searching; the usual Web sites
            for motels have details.

            An alternative to HI Ribb is an Italian restaurant, Palermos III
            Restaurant, 1292 Lower Ferry Rd, which is maybe a mile west from the
            College of NJ campus. Pizza and Italian. It may be a reasonable
            alternative. It's smaller and may be crowded, or not, depending. It's
            a little cheaper than HI Ribs. No Web site but...

            http://www.campusfood.com/restaurant.asp?restid=4424&campusid=22

            Herb Johnson

            Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
          • David Comley
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 19, 2007
              Jim,

              I'm happy to volunteer my time for this. I can provide
              a couple of blue tarps for the occasion and I don't
              mind springing for a vendor pass if I can be of use.
              Available both days or as needed.

              -Dave
              --- Jim Scheef <jscheef@...> wrote:

              > Hello all,
              >
              > I just ordered a vendor ticket so I can get into the
              > show on Saturday and set up on Sunday morning.
              > Hopefully someone else will be willing to use Bill's
              > vendor pass and help set up. Where do we stand with
              > tables? Also, my tarps are way past their prime and
              > not suitable for use at TCF. I have some plastic
              > drop sheets that can be used to cover things in the
              > event of a sprinkle.
              >
              > Next thing I need is a place to stay Saturday nite.
              > Can someone make a recommendation?
              >
              > Jim

              background-color:#e0ecee;margin-bottom:20px;padding:2px

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 19, 2007
                David,

                You need a vendor badge to help set up. I know I will appreciate the extra hands on Sunday morning and I'm sure Bill will appreciate help on Saturday. Please order your vendor badge tomorrow as it must be mailed to you. I called MarketPro (on the TCF website); they emailed me the vendor form which I then FAXed back to them with a credit card number. Obviously tell them you are with Mid-Atlantic Retro Computing Hobbyists.

                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 23, 2007
                  I now have the exhib. badge for the flea mkt table in my possession
                  \Bill