Evan in Sciam article

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 13, 2007
      I did not see this until today...anyone else?

      http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?alias=theres-history-and-money&chanId=sa003&modsrc=reuters

      (Evan is quoted)

      BD
      -END-
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 13, 2007
        There's money in these things? Where? I guess I should start speculating in 286 machines, they'll take off any day now!

        Jim

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 13, 2007
          It's true! Five minutes of fame. The cool part is that Reuters stories
          appear all over the place. This one hit Boston.com (the Globe), CNBC, my
          old digs at eWeek, InformationWeek, TechWeb, Scientific American, and the
          Washington Post.

          Just wish I hadn't said "funner" -- or that Reuters' editors had corrected
          it.

          I elaborated here: http://www.computerworld.com/blogs/node/5351

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 15, 2007
            Somebody put it on Slashdot today. Which means extra nerd exposure. Too
            bad the reporter didn't mention the VCF. :(

            (I knew he wouldn't mention MARCH because he said he wanted a California
            focus, despite quoting me.)

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 15, 2007
              Evan,

              I just read your blog and the correction/apology/retraction is beginning to sound like Imus! Geek-speak is not bad and "us insiders" know *exactly* what you meant!

              Jim

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 15, 2007
                Thanks. But I hoped to appeal to NON-insiders. It's a lesson for next time.