Re: [midatlanticretro] interesting luggables on Ebay

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 9, 2007
      >>> Since the holy book covers more common makes, the fact that these are
      NOT in the book would make me even more interested.

      Not necessarily. Mike told me that his manuscript covered 1,200+
      computers, but the publishers made him cut it to 700, so he took out the
      ones which were uninteresting or redundant or just had minor differences.
      So, it's likely that if an age-appropriate microcomputer is not in the
      book, it's because the computer was LESS desirable to collectors.

      For a more recently updated reference source, did anyone check on
      www.old-computers.com? (Simple asking Sellam is just as useful --
      sellam@... -- he's a walking encyclopedia.)
    • Michael Nadeau
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 9, 2007

        The OC in the Monroe name refers to "Occupational," which I believe means it was dedicated to a specific office task or designed for a specific type of worker. The keyboard looks identical to the OC8820, a desktop model that is listed in my book. I have no info on the 3320, but judging from the designation it's probably a lower-end portable version of the OC8820.

        I don't have info on the Direct, either, but the system looks familiar. It's probably a rebranded system manufactured by someone else.

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 9, 2007
          Thanks Mike!  LOL, I completely forgot that you sometimes READ this list.   :)