Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: TCF '07

    Message 1 of 56 , Apr 5 3:52 PM
      The TCF flea market is in a parking lot. Each "booth" is one parking spot - 9ft wide by 16ft deep. Depending on what row our booth is in, there will almost certainly be another booth behind our booth so we can't plan to expand over the line. Thus a short car is preferred when parking in the booth. Also it is nearly impossible to get a vehicle in or out once the flea market opens. My car is a "regular size" wagon (Merc Sable) so we will not have much space left over if we park the car in the booth. If the weather looks good (low chance of rain) we'll unload and park the car elsewhere. I have a small (2'x4') table I will bring but we will need more tables.

      Dan, Market Pro runs the indoor computer show like KGP Productions ran the show when it was in Edison. They deal with the "gypsy" vendors that make up the indoor show and run many computer shows in NJ and elsewhere. Thus they are the logical people to handle the flea market booths and advance ticket sales. The leaves the computer and amateur radio clubs to run the speakers and publicity.

      Jim

      Message 56 of 56 , Apr 26 2:17 PM
        Herb,

        Well, it's still a CB term to me! I guess I'm a little out of date on my slang.

        Jim