Re: TCF '07

  • Herb Johnson
    Message 1 of 56 , Apr 3, 2007

      MARCH "B Degnan" <billdeg@...> wrote:

      > Yes, this is a bit loose.
      > [Limit items to those on or below a 2X6 table...]

      I'm already getting requests from MARCH members: "I'll buy X from you.
      Bring X to TCF so I can pick it up."

      I"ve said so far that there would be the MARCH $15 fee for such
      situations, so they should pick it up instead from me at my home nearby.

      I assume it would be unfair to use the MARCH flea market space, and
      the time of our volunteers, without payment. But, for all I know,
      others are planning to drop stuff off and pick it up at that MARCH
      flea market space, or maybe at the interior MARCH exhibit space; and
      at no charge. Of course, pick-up items would not need to be on or
      under a table, they'd be held nearby, and clearly labled. Items I've
      been asked to "bring" are of good size, say "tower PC" size (not
      PC's). MOst of the point of my "pick up" requests are for items of
      size and/or relatively fragile.

      Bill et al, please provide some clarification on this. If MARCH plans
      to offer a "pick up" service, you may need to plan to have more
      storage space.

      The virtue of a fleamarket sale, is to offer items that would not be
      economical to ship: items of size or of weight. Seems to me, members
      who plan to bring such items for MARCH to sell, should tell Bill ASAP
      so he can plan for space accordingly.

      Sorry to make a fuss, but I must plan ahead.

      Herb Johnson

      Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
      Message 56 of 56 , Apr 26, 2007
        Herb,

        Well, it's still a CB term to me! I guess I'm a little out of date on my slang.

        Jim