RE: [midatlanticretro] IBM PC and XT IS vintage (was: Debatably OT: Home needed for a IBM XT Clone)

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2007
      There are plenty of exceptions. Ergo "almost" but not all.

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2007
        OS/2 and the PS/2 are OK with me personally. I think however, there is
        legit disagreement about whether these are "vintage".

        My very first job was at IBM as a college intern, and in the spring of '87
        they launched OS/2 and the PS/2 line was only a few months old. Later in
        the Spring the AS/400 was launched. I am not ready for 1987 to be vintage
        yet, makes me feel old. :-)
        Bill