Re: [midatlanticretro] TCF Update

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31 5:20 PM
      May I add that if anyone is planning on selling just one or two items, we
      can probably find a way to get that person around the $15 fee, but that
      person would have to sell them through March "officially". We will have to
      play it by ear.
      bd

      If we find out that most people in MARCH have to buy the $15

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 31 5:24 PM
        Afer much thought, we decided that the outdoor / swap meet approach is worth
        trying this year for the Trenton show. I will contact the TCF management
        and inform them that we're declining a free indoor booth this year.

        So: Bill D. will bring his SUV into our space the first day (4/28), and Jim
        S. will bring his wagon into our space the second day (4/29). Jim: if Joe
        can bring his (parent's, I assume) SUV on the 29th, then we'll use that for
        our space, since it holds more gear.

        Or if the weather is great, then we can use the whole space for computer
        gear, and leave the vehicles in the parking lot. It's just really important
        to have access to such large vehicles in case of rain. Otherwise we'd be
        screwed.

        If we use the whole space for tables -- which is a lot nicer than putting
        things on the ground on a tarp -- then we need a way to get the tables from
        InfoAge to Trenton and back. Jim can probably handle the return trip, but
        we'll need someone to get them to Trenton, very early Saturday morning. I
        will ask Steve and/or Fred to help -- Steve has a minivan and Fred has a
        pick-up truck.

        We're still trying to determine how many guest passes are available and the
        price of tickets if enough guest passes aren't available, which is probably
        the case. If we find out that most people in MARCH have to buy the $15
        tickets, then we'll probably waive the requirement to give MARCH a cut of
        your profits. Of course we'll still display our club banner, still
        distribute club and VCF literature, etc.

        More info to follow ....

        - Evan
      • ysgdhio
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 31 6:04 PM
          > I will contact the TCF management and inform them that
          > we're declining a free indoor booth this year.

          It shouldn't have to be one or the other.
          If some people want to chip in for a flea market space, fine.
          At least two of us have already said we'd be there both days
          to cover the indoor table, so I'm not sure what the problem is.
          I think it's unwise to turn down a free *anything*.

          Andy
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 31 6:56 PM
            Andy pointed out that I'm not reading my emails carefully enough --- he and
            Bryan already volunteered to be at our indoor booth, both days --- so we
            WILL have enough people to staff BOTH spots.

            Sorry to all for causing mass confusion.

            It's great having Andy, Bill, Jim, and John around. They're always quick
            and blunt when noting my stupidity. :-)