Re: [midatlanticretro] 486PC for $150??

  • madodel
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 29, 2007
      Jim Scheef wrote:
      > Bob,
      >
      > Well said. I watch for items from 'significant' manufacturers, like a
      > Toshiba T6600C portable (386 or 486, not sure). At 19 pounds it's a
      > transition machine between luggables like the early Compaqs and the
      > truly capable laptops that came later. It's unusual enough to put in a
      > closet for a while until Evan lusts to add it to his laptop collection. :-)
      >
      > Jim

      Jim,

      I have a Toshiba T5200 (386-20) that was donated from its original user.
      Its not really an OS/2 machine as I think Toshiba only supported DOS/win
      3.1 on it, but it should run OS/2 2.1 on it. Looks like a portable
      typewriter with a an gas plasma mono orange screen and it weighs about 20
      pounds.

      Mark

      --

      From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel