Re: TCF '07

  • Herb Johnson
    Message 1 of 56 , Mar 29, 2007
      "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:

      > But we are also considering buying an outdoor swap meet space. This
      > would be to sell things that you wouldn't bring/sell at our VCF
      event. In
      > exchange for the (limited) space, MARCH would take 15% of the profits or
      > $25, whichever is less. We discussed this among the club officers
      and we
      > think it's fair. The swap meet cost isn't refundable if it rains, so it
      > does involve some risk on our part.

      I did not plan to sell stuff at TCF. But I'd be interested in
      providing items to sell as you describe. 15% of sale price before
      taxes is fine. Give me some parameters as to what you'd accept,
      because I live nearby and I don't want to swamp you with carloads of
      stuff. If you have items-per-member limits, let me know. I have some
      considerations from my end, these may be informative for others to
      consider. I have to think about them too, I did not think about this
      before your post.

      I don't think any one item I'd offer would sell for more than $100, or
      be bigger than about a cubic foot. No printers, CRT monitors, desktop
      PC's or Macs, common stuff like that - kinda pointless IMHO, they
      aren't worth the space they take up or the time spent by my friends
      and colleagues to sell them. (Otherwise I'd buy a space and sell them
      myself!) Things would be labled, condition noted, and priced.

      But they'd probably be items with some mass, as they are harder to
      sell with shipping; or they are items you want to see before
      purchasing. Probably some books, relevant to computing of course.
      Anything I'd provide would be computer-related.

      Herb Johnson

      Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
      Message 56 of 56 , Apr 26, 2007
        Herb,

        Well, it's still a CB term to me! I guess I'm a little out of date on my slang.

        Jim