RE: [midatlanticretro] VCF East 4.0

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 10, 2007
      Glenn,

      Thanks for your interest in our club and event.

      We haven't yet booked special hotel rates, but I'm 99.999% sure it will be
      the same place as last year, which is the Holiday Inn. The address is 700
      Hope Road, Tinton Falls, NJ, 07724. They have a good bar/restaurant and
      WiFI.

      The nearest major airport is Newark Liberty. The next-closest is
      Philadelphia.

      A cheap rental car is your best option around here. You can also take the
      train (NJ Transit) but that would involve a couple of transfers and a taxi
      at the end. I don't know much about bus service.

      The best way you can help publicize the event is just to post messages about
      it wherever you can. Chat it up in IRC and forums; talk to people in your
      clubs; link back to www.vintage.org; etc.

      Thanks again,
      - Evan Koblentz

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 11, 2007

        "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:

        > The nearest major airport is Newark Liberty. The next-closest is
        > Philadelphia.
        >
        > A cheap rental car is your best option around here. You can also
        take the
        > train (NJ Transit) but that would involve a couple of transfers and
        a taxi
        > at the end.

        Another airport to consider is Trenton-Mercer Airport (TTN) in Ewing
        NJ near but not in Trenton NJ. Wikipedia says "Trenton-Mercer is the
        sixth busiest airport in New Jersey overall (after Newark, Essex
        County, Teterboro, Morristown, and Atlantic City) and third busiest
        commercially (after Newark and Atlantic City)".

        http://nj.gov/counties/mercer/departments/airport/index.html

        Pan Am provides service from there to Boston area via Bedford, MA.
        DELTA/COMAIR provides service to Boston and Atlanta.

        The Airport is a mile from I-95 around Trenton, and it would take an
        hour to drive from I-95 to I-295 to I-195 east to Tinton Falls. Rental
        cars are I believe available at the airport, or most certainly in the
        Trenton/Ewing area nearby.

        As for trains, Trenton's Amtrak station is a major connection for
        train nationally. I'm not familiar with the runs east to the Tinton
        Falls area, or along the Jersey Shore. It's not unreasonable for
        someone in the Northeast or MidAtlantic to consider taking the train.

        Herb Johnson

        Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA