A nifty, non-MARCH announcement

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 9, 2007
      I already posted this to classiccmp and the vc forum, but actually forgot to
      post here! The news: Computerworld magazine invited me blog for their web
      site about our hobby. How cool is that!? CW has hundreds of thousands of
      readers, so it says a LOT about our hobby that they decided we wacky
      collectors are bandwidth-worthy. I'm fortunate that they asked me to write
      it, but regardless, it's not about me (LOL, unlike the glory of leading
      MARCH) -- it's seriously about the growth and exposure for our hobby. May
      not help with epay prices but I'd rather see a boatload of new collectors
      than a few more bucks in my wallet.

      The blog is at http://www.computerworld.com/blogs/koblentz ... as you'd
      imagine the post count will be extremely slim until after VCF East.

      - Evan
    • Jeffrey Frady
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 10, 2007
        All hail Evan!

        I already posted this to classiccmp and the vc forum, but actually forgot to
        post here! The news: Computerworld magazine invited me blog for their web
        site about our hobby. How cool is that!? CW has hundreds of thousands of
        readers, so it says a LOT about our hobby that they decided we wacky
        collectors are bandwidth-worthy. I'm fortunate that they asked me to write
        it, but regardless, it's not about me (LOL, unlike the glory of leading
        MARCH) -- it's seriously about the growth and exposure for our hobby. May
        not help with epay prices but I'd rather see a boatload of new collectors
        than a few more bucks in my wallet.

        The blog is at http://www.computerworld.com/blogs/koblentz ... as you'd
        imagine the post count will be extremely slim until after VCF East.

        - Evan

        Moderator at http://forums.palm.com
      • Evan
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 10, 2007
          Errr .... my instinct is to say "Please don't!" but I doubt anyone here is doing much hailing anyhow.

          Most of my personal hailing is directed at Springsteen. We learned more from a three-minute record, baby, than we ever learned in school...
        • Dan
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 10, 2007
            cool gig

            =Dan

            Evan Koblentz wrote:

            > I already posted this to classiccmp and the vc forum, but actually
            > forgot to
            > post here! The news: Computerworld magazine invited me blog for their web
            > site about our hobby. How cool is that!? CW has hundreds of thousands of
            > readers, so it says a LOT about our hobby that they decided we wacky
            > collectors are bandwidth-worthy. I'm fortunate that they asked me to write
            > it, but regardless, it's not about me (LOL, unlike the glory of leading
            > MARCH) -- it's seriously about the growth and exposure for our hobby. May
            > not help with epay prices but I'd rather see a boatload of new collectors
            > than a few more bucks in my wallet.
            >
            > The blog is at http://www.computerworld.com/blogs/koblentz
            > <http://www.computerworld.com/blogs/koblentz> ... as you'd
            > imagine the post count will be extremely slim until after VCF East.
            >
            > - Evan

          • Bryan Pope
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 10, 2007
              Jeffrey Frady wrote: