New Member

  • relayer
    Message 1 of 43 , May 17 7:00 PM
      I'm into classic computing, video games, and computing devices. I'm
      curious as to what the membership considers "too new" to be classic.

      Out of my collection, I would consider my MAC Classic (the
      reproduction of the first MAC) and/or the SGI Indigo 2 to be right on
      the edge of being new or classic. My oldest ones would be the TRS-80
      Model 4 and my Ohio Scientific. I keep a standard collection of other
      computers in between those dates.

      Jeff
    • gsteemso
      Message 43 of 43 , Feb 27, 2013
        Hi guys,

        > [Evan wrote]
        >> * Just for kicks and grins, I might name the event VCF East 9.1.0.14
        >> Maintenance Release 3 Beta Build 6. :)

        I about ruptured something laughing at this, and then…

        > not a bad t shirt

        …this set me off laughing again. Good exercise for the diaphragm, I guess. I think it’s a great idea, BTW. If I lived closer than continental distances from your event I’d definitely attend and buy one.

        In any case, the reason I have temporarily delurked is to ask what is the most egregious real-life version number of that kidney that people have encountered? I vaguely recall finding mention of one about half that long when I was looking for something else (I think it was a Microsoft service pack when I was searching for something Mac-related), but unfortunately I didn’t really register the details. The longest one I _can_ remember the details of was just something of Knuth’s (TeX perhaps?), which got longer and longer, asymptotically approaching pi, as bugs were fixed. That hardly even rates a mention, though â€" not enough egregious verbiage involved.

        Gordon Steemson

        --
        the world’s only gsteemso
        Seattle Retro-Computing Society’s agitator-in-chief