Re: [midatlanticretro] Altair 680 Project Update

  • Dan
    Message 1 of 48 , Mar 2, 2007
      Hey man, I don't know which documentation you guys are reading,
      I suspected you had downloaded the 680b docs already.
      How can the 74LS74 can be mistaken for a 74L123.at location L ?
      Maybe thats on the 8800--I don't have that manual
      I've been checking my original docs with all my notes from when I built
      this back then.
      My schematics are dated 5/4/76, rev 1-6X mainboard
      I have a 680b too, which is what you have as best as I can tell.
      I double checked my assembly docs and parts list too.
      It also states the 74LS74 is only needed if you use a Baudot terminal.
      I suppose your using a standard RS232 terminal,right ?
      There's 3 different sets of parts for the I/O configuration.
      It's on pg.16,29,30 of the assembly manual.
      I scanned it in case nobody has it.
      http://ragooman.home.comcast.net/computers_altair680.html

      =Dan

      Message 48 of 48 , Mar 20, 2011
        DG Eclipse S/140 from a couple of months ago, now on display in our museum, next to Perkin-Elmer 3120.