Re: [midatlanticretro] Altair 680 Project Update

  • Bryan Pope
    Message 1 of 48 , Mar 1 5:35 PM
      billdeg@... wrote:
      > Unfortunately no, it has to be the 74L123.
      > bd

      Bill,

      According to a book I have - "Basic Electronics Theory" by Delton Horn -
      the 74L uses a tenth of the power a standard TTL uses but gates at tenth
      the speed while a 74LS uses a little more power then a low power TTL but
      gates at the same speed as a standard TTL.
      Wouldn't you be able to use something that switches faster then the part
      you are replacing?

      Cheers,

      Bryan

      Message 48 of 48 , Mar 20 1:01 PM
        DG Eclipse S/140 from a couple of months ago, now on display in our museum, next to Perkin-Elmer 3120.