Re: [midatlanticretro] Wha's our cut-off age for "retro"?

  • Bob Applegate
    Message 1 of 28 , Feb 25, 2007
      >> BTW, I know a lot of guys who worked on OS/2, and I interviewed with
      >> that group at
      >> one point.
      >
      > In Austin or when it was in Boca? I only know a few of the people from
      > Austin.

      No, it was when OS/2 was still a Microsloth product!

      Last night I stumbled upon my July 1987 issue of Dr Dobb's with the
      skeleton sitting in front of a computer with an OS/2 shirt on. One can
      of Jolt wasn't enough apparently.

      Bob
    • Dan
      Message 2 of 28 , Feb 25, 2007
        My friend's dad had a computer store in the early 80's and we made
        T-shirts to hand out as a promo.
        Luckily his dad had a good sense of humor [or he didn't know we ordered
        them].
        We all walked around the city with the store logo on the back and on the
        front it said "BYTE ME".

        =Dan

        Bob Applegate wrote:

        > I had a T-shirt made for one guy that said:
        >
        > What are we waiting for? OS/2!
        > When will will get it? REALY SOON!

      • Timothy J Fagan
        Message 3 of 28 , Feb 25, 2007
          Hi Andy,

          I was just going for the 'value' angle here. However, if you ever get a PI and want to trade it for a KK or a M2 - I'll be more than happy to hook you up!

          ;-D

          --Timster--

          Message 4 of 28 , Feb 25, 2007
            If you've got some connections to reasonably priced, rare Atari carts - you've got my attention! I've got over 200 carts, but none that are too rare. I just picked up Chase the Chuckwagon and Beat 'Em & Eat 'Em in an auction the other day. CCW will probably now be my rarest cart. :-)

            --Timster--

            Don't underestimate my connections in the vintage gaming world. I've got
            peeps who know peeps!

            http://us.click. yahoo.com/ hOt0.A/lOaOAA/ yQLSAA/S_ NqlB/TM

            Message 5 of 28 , Feb 25, 2007
              I will keep your email. I don't need it quite yet, unless you're giving it
              away because otherwise you'd be throwing it away. I have a number of other
              systems to work on first, it will take a while before I get to the 6300 again.
              Thanks.
              Bill