Re: List message 5,000! was: / RE: [midatlanticretro] Wha's our cut-off age for "retro"?

  • Timothy J Fagan
    Message 1 of 28 , Feb 24, 2007
      Ask for Pepsi Invaders! Ask for Pepsi Invaders!!! LOL!!! :-D

      (PS - There's one on flea-bay for $1500 starting bid currently... he he he)

      Message 2 of 28 , Feb 24, 2007
        On 2/25/07, Timothy J Fagan <tfagan@...> wrote:
        > Ask for Pepsi Invaders! Ask for Pepsi Invaders!!! LOL!!! :-D

        Even if I thought he had it, I've played it and rate it a "meh".
        I was thinking either Keystone Kapers or Miner 2049er. :)

        Andy
        Message 3 of 28 , Feb 24, 2007
          Don't underestimate my connections in the vintage gaming world. I've got
          peeps who know peeps!

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/hOt0.A/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/S_NqlB/TM
          Message 4 of 28 , Feb 24, 2007
            I think it was Andy who observed, waaaaay back when, that retro actually means "something new that evokes something old" ... we (okay, I) just bent the definition because it's easier to pronounce MARCH than MAVCH.  The former rolls off the tongue.  The latter implies that V is for vomit.  Anyway, I believe almost anything 286 or newer is off-topic, and my opinion carries its weight around here.  :)

            (Having said that, I like to remind people that MARCH isn't "my" group.  It's yours.  Some morons just let me drive.)

            Message 5 of 28 , Feb 25, 2007
              >> BTW, I know a lot of guys who worked on OS/2, and I interviewed with
              >> that group at
              >> one point.
              >
              > In Austin or when it was in Boca? I only know a few of the people from
              > Austin.

              No, it was when OS/2 was still a Microsloth product!

              Last night I stumbled upon my July 1987 issue of Dr Dobb's with the
              skeleton sitting in front of a computer with an OS/2 shirt on. One can
              of Jolt wasn't enough apparently.

              Bob
            • Dan
              Message 6 of 28 , Feb 25, 2007
                My friend's dad had a computer store in the early 80's and we made
                T-shirts to hand out as a promo.
                Luckily his dad had a good sense of humor [or he didn't know we ordered
                them].
                We all walked around the city with the store logo on the back and on the
                front it said "BYTE ME".

                =Dan

                Bob Applegate wrote:

                > I had a T-shirt made for one guy that said:
                >
                > What are we waiting for? OS/2!
                > When will will get it? REALY SOON!

              • Timothy J Fagan
                Message 7 of 28 , Feb 25, 2007
                  Hi Andy,

                  I was just going for the 'value' angle here. However, if you ever get a PI and want to trade it for a KK or a M2 - I'll be more than happy to hook you up!

                  ;-D

                  --Timster--

                  Message 8 of 28 , Feb 25, 2007
                    If you've got some connections to reasonably priced, rare Atari carts - you've got my attention! I've got over 200 carts, but none that are too rare. I just picked up Chase the Chuckwagon and Beat 'Em & Eat 'Em in an auction the other day. CCW will probably now be my rarest cart. :-)

                    --Timster--

                    Message 9 of 28 , Feb 25, 2007
                      I will keep your email. I don't need it quite yet, unless you're giving it
                      away because otherwise you'd be throwing it away. I have a number of other
                      systems to work on first, it will take a while before I get to the 6300 again.
                      Thanks.
                      Bill