Re: Bringing stuff

  • thecpuwizard
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 19, 2005
      It will be great to have an 8 there. Mine is not really in a
      condition to move [in fact my two teletypes have not recovered from
      their last move]. Where are you located [I am on Long Island], I may
      be able to help with some transport.

      I was planning on bringing my Spare-Time-Gizmo, but would not if
      there are going to be real '8s there.

      I have a number (about 12) TU-56 tapes, that I would like to get
      dumps of, I am behind schedule on getting my TU-56 up and running,
      perhaps I could use yours at the show?

      I do have a fair amount of original PDP-8 related literature that
      might be interesting to display.......

      David.

      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "pdp8online" <djg@p...>
      wrote:

      > Are the other DEC collectors 8's or 11's/Vaxen?
      >
      > I was thinking of bringing my 8/E with RK05, TU56, RX01, PC04, and
      > VC8E/VR14. I probably could get the 8/I system (8/I, AX08, DF32)
      > ready and bring it instead if the 8/E system is similar to somebody
      else.

      > Also thinking of bring a ASR-33, VT52, Tektronix 4010 storage
      graphics
      > terminal, TI PC (not quite IBM compatible) and a DECmate III.
      >
      > At least until I try to put it all in a Suburban.
    • David Gesswein
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 21, 2005
        > Where are you located [I am on Long Island], I may
        > be able to help with some transport.

        Maryland near DC. Probably a little too far for loading help but loading/
        unloading help there would be appreciated.

        > I have a number (about 12) TU-56 tapes, that I would like to get
        > dumps of, I am behind schedule on getting my TU-56 up and running,
        > perhaps I could use yours at the show?

        We can give it a shot.

        > I do have a fair amount of original PDP-8 related literature that
        > might be interesting to display.......

        Good. I was also going to bring some manuals/handbooks, cards for display
        etc. We can coordinate later.