VCF East 4.0

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 19, 2007
      Hi MARCHins,

      The sign-up page for East 4.0 isn't ready (Sellam is still working on it),
      but I'm beginning to compile an initial list of exhibitors. I've already
      nagged many of your individually and will continue doing so. :-)

      Bill D. had a great idea yesterday. He suggested that club members who want
      to exhibit, but who don't have the necessary equipment and/or who can't
      schlep their equipment to InfoAge, could possibly borrow MARCH-owned
      computers during the show. Sounds like a good idea to me. However this is
      best implemented as a "moderated" policy -- you have to ask first, and you
      have to assure us that items will be promptly returned in as-good or better
      condition than you found them.

      So anyway, please let me know ASAP (off-list) if you intend to exhibit at
      VCF East 4.0 this year. We'll have a lot more space available than at East
      3.0 last summer. It will be much more comfortable for everyone involved.

      VCF rookies: don't be afraid to exhibit, and don't be shy about asking
      questions!

      - Evan
    • Glenn Holmer
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 10 4:23 AM
        What is the recommended hotel for VCF East 4.0? Which airport to fly
        into? What modes of transportation are available between airport,
        hotel, and VCF?

        What can those of us in the Commodore community do to help publicize
        this event?

        --
        Glenn Holmer (Q-Link: ShadowM)
        http://www.lyonlabs.org/commodore/c64.html
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 10 11:43 AM
          Glenn,

          Thanks for your interest in our club and event.

          We haven't yet booked special hotel rates, but I'm 99.999% sure it will be
          the same place as last year, which is the Holiday Inn. The address is 700
          Hope Road, Tinton Falls, NJ, 07724. They have a good bar/restaurant and
          WiFI.

          The nearest major airport is Newark Liberty. The next-closest is
          Philadelphia.

          A cheap rental car is your best option around here. You can also take the
          train (NJ Transit) but that would involve a couple of transfers and a taxi
          at the end. I don't know much about bus service.

          The best way you can help publicize the event is just to post messages about
          it wherever you can. Chat it up in IRC and forums; talk to people in your
          clubs; link back to www.vintage.org; etc.

          Thanks again,
          - Evan Koblentz

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 11 12:12 PM

            "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:

            > The nearest major airport is Newark Liberty. The next-closest is
            > Philadelphia.
            >
            > A cheap rental car is your best option around here. You can also
            take the
            > train (NJ Transit) but that would involve a couple of transfers and
            a taxi
            > at the end.

            Another airport to consider is Trenton-Mercer Airport (TTN) in Ewing
            NJ near but not in Trenton NJ. Wikipedia says "Trenton-Mercer is the
            sixth busiest airport in New Jersey overall (after Newark, Essex
            County, Teterboro, Morristown, and Atlantic City) and third busiest
            commercially (after Newark and Atlantic City)".

            http://nj.gov/counties/mercer/departments/airport/index.html

            Pan Am provides service from there to Boston area via Bedford, MA.
            DELTA/COMAIR provides service to Boston and Atlanta.

            The Airport is a mile from I-95 around Trenton, and it would take an
            hour to drive from I-95 to I-295 to I-195 east to Tinton Falls. Rental
            cars are I believe available at the airport, or most certainly in the
            Trenton/Ewing area nearby.

            As for trains, Trenton's Amtrak station is a major connection for
            train nationally. I'm not familiar with the runs east to the Tinton
            Falls area, or along the Jersey Shore. It's not unreasonable for
            someone in the Northeast or MidAtlantic to consider taking the train.

            Herb Johnson

            Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA