RE: [midatlanticretro] Re: Trenton show / MARCH wall calendar -- change in plans

    Message 1 of 22 , Feb 15, 2007
      Oops, was supposed to be a private message, sorry.

      Message 2 of 22 , Feb 15, 2007
        just another suggestion....

        How about a poster ?
        Something that can be sold at any time of the year. We made one for our
        robot club when we put on an exhibit at the Science Center last year,
        everyone liked it.
        It could be a landscape layout(11"x17" or even bigger) with a collage of
        vintage computers. It can include other things such as the March logo,
        website, pic of the InfoAge building. Perhaps a Timeline along the
        bottom showing the historic [computer] events of the past.

        =Dan

        Message 3 of 22 , Feb 15, 2007
          something like this..??
          vintagecomputer.net/poster_detail.cfm

          Message 4 of 22 , Feb 15, 2007
            Bill's poster is a great example, and we can definitely sell them at TCF --
            we already sell them in the InfoAge store -- and I certainly expect that
            they'll sell very well at VCF East because of this year's Commodore focus.

            On the other hand, it will be a good exercise for us to try a calendar or
            something else that's different. Variety is the spice of life, and of
            success. We can also share whatever we learn with the other InfoAge groups.

            Today I saw something really interesting (for a cheapskate like me) -- a
            wall calendar where each page is just 8.5 inches wide by 5.5 inches tall --
            half of an 8.5 x 11 sheet. Call me crazy, but with this size we can still
            have enough room to make it interesting and useful, and we'd save even more
            money. You guys are probably sick of my back-alley math by now, but here
            goes: 94 cents per page, two months per page, so we'd need only four pages
            (sliced in half after they're printed) to make a whole calendar (we can have
            a back cover too, or we could carry over each eighth page to save a few
            cents more) ... but anyway with the back cover option we'd spend $5.89 per
            calendar, selling them for $10 each. I'd like to print maybe 15 calendars,
            May-to-May, just as a beta test. That would cost $88.35 so we'd only need
            to sell nine calendars to make our money back. Then if we're successful we
            can make June-to-June versions for VCF East.

            My mind is made up, unless people present a hugely compelling reason not to
            do it, or something hugely better.

            I'll still talk to Greg about options for printing these in-house. Either
            way, 100% of the proceeds will go to MARCH, unless we're successful enough
            to be able to pay back Greg for his expenses.

            Message 5 of 22 , Feb 16, 2007
              Hi all,

              I spoke to Greg Manuel and his printer sounds perfect for what we need to do.  He's going to donate it to InfoAge so it gets the most use.  But he isn't able to deliver it and it won't fit in my car.  So we need a volunteer -- almost any normal car with a backseat will do -- to rescue this for us within the next couple of weeks.

              Please contact me if you can help.

              - Evan