Re: [midatlanticretro] IBM & The Holocaust

  • Sridhar Ayengar
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 13, 2007
      Evan Koblentz wrote:
      > Despite my rant over on the big list today, I am very interested in this
      > book. But I've heard some really mixed reviews about it -- some saying it's
      > a brilliant work of investigative history, others saying it's gibberish.
      > Has anyone here read it and developed an intelligent opinion? I'd really
      > like to hear some before checking out the book.

      There's definitely some bias, but all in all, it was an interesting
      read. The author was not at all interested in objectivity, so you *do*
      have to take certain things with a grain of salt.

      Your rant was rather entertaining itself. 8-)

      Peace... Sridhar
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 14, 2007
        Evan,

        What is the "Big List"? What book? I've read many on IBM.

        Jim

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 14, 2007
          >>> What is the "Big List"?

          classiccmp .... duh  :)
        • Sridhar Ayengar
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 14, 2007
            Jim Scheef wrote:
            > Evan,
            >
            > What is the "Big List"? What book? I've read many on IBM.

            The "Big List" is classiccmp.

            Peace... Sridhar
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 14, 2007
              Evan,

              I still can't find the rant, you still didn't tell me the name of the book. I give up.

              Jim

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 14, 2007
                It was a thread on cctalk about the book "IBM and The Holocaust" which began yesterday afternoon.  I flamed someone who went off-topic and blamed the whole controversy on evil governments and the media.  List mod Jay West completely agreed with me.