RE: [midatlanticretro] Recent Ohio Scientific lot on ebay...

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 10, 2007
      Speaking of contacting the winner of an auction....You can no longer
      contact people from the bid history. I guess most of you know that
      already...I understand why, but I think that there are negatives to that
      decision by Ebay. For example; a few months ago I won an auction.
      Shortly afterward I was contacted by a fellow collector who had been
      watching the auction to warn me that he believed that auction was a fraud.
      This is no longer possible.

      I use "stealthbid" manually - I wait with a stop watch and two browser
      windows. It's exciting to wait until 3 seconds before the auction ends to
      place your bet. Assuming you don't fall asleep! :-)

      Bill

      > That's why I use StealthBid. It works great.

      familiar with the ebay ID of the winner, if you are on this list, I'll
      pay
      > what you bid for copies of the documentation that was "hinted at" in the
      lot
      > listing. To everyone else, sorry for the interruption.
      >
      > Bill Sudbrink
      > --
      2/9/2007

      -END-