Regarding these VCF theme ideas

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 10 5:18 PM
      Hi all,

      I think it's safe to say that the "Star Wars" theme comments were only made
      as jokes. Or at least that's how I am taking them. It might be cool if
      individual exhibitors used the SW anniversary for the purpose of demoing
      vintage computer gear. But if any submitted an exhibit with SW as the main
      focus, I (and Sellam) will tell them it's too off-topic for this event. And
      so there won't be any stormtroopers roaming the VCF (LOL but if they show up
      and want to buy tickets, we certainly won't turn them away, just check all
      blasters at the door... all are welcome into our event, not like the cantina
      at Mos Isles!)

      In other news: Sridhar is right, we can't forget that micros are just one
      part of our hobby, our museum, our event. I'd like to see MORE big iron
      people get involved. So good news: I was contacted today by a guy down in
      the Baltimore area who might be donating some things to us along those
      lines. He also said he's got a friend here in NJ, Ron Blanchard (or
      something like that), who fixes DEC gear. Anyone know that guy? I'll
      contact him regardless.

      Somebody made a comment about how '07 is the 30th anniversary of many
      different things. True! Since they celebrated Apple at VCF 9 last fall, it
      make sense for us to celebrate Commodore (especially given its local
      connection) at East 4.0 this summer. Separate from the C= panel, I hope
      that we find someone to step up and give a talk with some unique twist about
      all things that happened in 1977. Email me off-list if anyone has
      suggestions.

      - Evan
    • William Pechter
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 10 7:40 PM
        I know a Ron Blechner who used to be DEC product support in Somerset
        who know runs a shop called Var/x in South Jersey... I used to work
        with him back in the day.

        Could it be him?

        Bill

        Bill Pechter
        Lakewood MicroSystems
        732-931-0070 (voice)
        877-661-2126 (fax)
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 10 7:54 PM
          Must be, yes!

          We've got to make contact with him and inform him about MARCH.

          --- Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

          > Hi all,
          >
          > I think it's safe to say that the "Star Wars" theme comments were only
          > made as jokes. Or at least that's how I am taking them. It might be
          > cool if individual exhibitors used the SW anniversary for the purpose
          > of demoing vintage computer gear. But if any submitted an exhibit
          > with SW as the main focus, I (and Sellam) will tell them it's too
          > off-topic for this event. And so there won't be any stormtroopers
          > roaming the VCF (LOL but if they show up and want to buy tickets, we
          > certainly won't turn them away, just check all blasters at the door...
          > all are welcome into our event, not like the cantina at Mos Isles!)
          >
          > In other news: Sridhar is right, we can't forget that micros are just
          > one part of our hobby, our museum, our event. I'd like to see MORE
          > big iron people get involved. So good news: I was contacted today by
          > a guy down in the Baltimore area who might be donating some things to
          > us along those lines. He also said he's got a friend here in NJ, Ron
          > Blanchard (or something like that), who fixes DEC gear. Anyone know
          > that guy?
          > I'll
          > contact him regardless.
          >
          > Somebody made a comment about how '07 is the 30th anniversary of many
          > different things. True! Since they celebrated Apple at VCF 9 last
          > fall, it make sense for us to celebrate Commodore (especially given
          > its local
          > connection) at East 4.0 this summer. Separate from the C= panel, I
          > hope that we find someone to step up and give a talk with some unique
          > twist about all things that happened in 1977. Email me off-list if
          > anyone has suggestions.
          >
          > - Evan

          Bill Pechter
          Lakewood MicroSystems