RE: [midatlanticretro] VCFeast Theme ?

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 8, 2007
      >>> The Death Star plans are not in any of our computers!

      Maybe not in any of YOUR computers, Bill. :)
    • Jeffrey Frady
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 8, 2007
        Yeah but the problem is the Death Star plans are Mac Formatted.

        >>> The Death Star plans are not in any of our computers!

        Maybe not in any of YOUR computers, Bill. :)

        Moderator at http://forums.palm.com
      • buseyl
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 10, 2007
          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Sudbrink"
          <wh.sudbrink@...> wrote:

          > The Death Star plans are not in any of our computers!
          > --

          Hmmmm...

          - looks at logo on AT&T PC 6300 -

          At least attempt to hide your deceit, Rebel scum!

          ;)

          - Liam Busey
        • buseyl
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 10, 2007
            I love Star Wars but its following is huge. They don't need our help
            and I'd hate for them to smother us.

            This is however the 30th anniversary of the home computer. It would
            be a great time focus on machines like the TRS-80 model 1, Apple ][,
            and the Commodore Pet. Heck, Evan even managed to schedule Chuck
            Peddle (6800, 6502, & Pet designer) to attend!

            Lot's of other cool machines came out in 1977 as well. Just
            scanning "old-computers.com", I see well known names like the
            Heathkit H8, Compucolor 2, NorthStar Horizon, OHIO SCIENTIFIC's
            MODEL 500, and POLYMORPHIC's System 8813.

            That's just micros. I'm sure the mini and big iron guys could say
            more.

            I'm not advocating a ban of Star Wars. I'd just prefer to see things
            related to our hobby like a demo of the vintage workstation that
            displayed the Death Star plans for the first movie, DEC Wars, early
            Star Wars games, or even a "Darth Vader" Apple 2.

            A cosplay event might be too far. :)

            - Liam Busey

            --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Dan <ragooman@...> wrote:

            > I was just noticing the other thread on computer movies and
            recalled
            > some stuff I found at the local thrift store. I was kinda lucky to
            find
            > some old collector magazines on the first trilogy Star Wars from
            the
            > late 70's and early 80's.
            >
            > It just dawned on me that this is going to be the 30th anniv of
            the
            > first Star Wars movie--I can remember all the Star Wars stuff at
            the
            > computers shows in the 70's, computer games, posters, banners. I
            can't
            > be the only one that used the school computer to print out 12ft
            long
            > banners saying "Long, Long time ago, is a galaxy far, far
            away....."

            > How about a theme for the VCF ?
            >
            > I'm sure the local Star Wars club wouldn't mind to have a few
            Storm
            > Troopers parading around the InfoAge campus. We have that here
            everytime
            > for ComicCon.
            >
            > BTW, they're gonna party out in Cali
            > http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=14725
            > To celebrate the 30th Anniversary of "Star Wars," Lucasfilm Ltd.
            and Gen
            > Con LLC will throw the largest party ever for fans of the saga...
            >

            > =Dan
          • Sridhar Ayengar
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 10, 2007
              buseyl wrote:
              > I love Star Wars but its following is huge. They don't need our help
              > and I'd hate for them to smother us.
              >
              > This is however the 30th anniversary of the home computer. It would
              > be a great time focus on machines like the TRS-80 model 1, Apple ][,
              > and the Commodore Pet. Heck, Evan even managed to schedule Chuck
              > Peddle (6800, 6502, & Pet designer) to attend!
              >
              > Lot's of other cool machines came out in 1977 as well. Just
              > scanning "old-computers.com", I see well known names like the
              > Heathkit H8, Compucolor 2, NorthStar Horizon, OHIO SCIENTIFIC's
              > MODEL 500, and POLYMORPHIC's System 8813.
              >
              > That's just micros. I'm sure the mini and big iron guys could say
              > more.
              >
              > I'm not advocating a ban of Star Wars. I'd just prefer to see things
              > related to our hobby like a demo of the vintage workstation that
              > displayed the Death Star plans for the first movie, DEC Wars, early
              > Star Wars games, or even a "Darth Vader" Apple 2.
              >
              > A cosplay event might be too far. :)

              This club is *far* too micro-centric.

              Peace... Sridhar