Re: [midatlanticretro] Teletype haul

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 7, 2007
      Just... "wow"

      Anyone have information to contribute on these units?

    • ysgdhio
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 7, 2007
        On 2/7/07, Jim Scheef <jscheef@...> wrote:
        > Anyone have information to contribute on these units?

        It's before my time, but I'll guess it's a Teletype Model 15.
        An old ham operator who was into RTTY (radio teletype) would know for sure.

        --... ...-- -.. . -. ..--- ..-. -.-- .
      • William Donzelli
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 7, 2007
          > Most of the manufacturer plates say "Property of Western Union Teletype" and little else – no model number. The last picture shows a stamp that I read as 1935.

          The orange square stamp with the big A is a Signal Corps acceptance
          stamp from the 1950s. Your unit left the factory during that time, not
          the 1930s.

          --
          Will
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 7, 2007
            Andy,

            I think you're right. I followed some leads from Evan and found pictures and information that pointed to the M15. I joined the Greenkeys list and will post the pictures there.

            Jim