Teletype haul

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 7, 2007

      Hello all,

      Here are some pictures of the teletypes I picked up yesterday. The housings are in as good shape as the inner workings but are just not in a place I can photograph at the moment. The housings weigh as much or more than the mechanicals. These are eminently restorable and can probably be made to work. One is a ‘receive only’ and has no keyboard. Both are on the stands made for each unit, but in the correct position. The stands have “power strips” and other connections for the teletypes.

      Most of the manufacturer plates say “Property of Western Union Teletype” and little else – no model number. The last picture shows a stamp that I read as 1935.

      Anyone have information to contribute on these units?

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 7, 2007
        Just... "wow"

        Anyone have information to contribute on these units?

      • ysgdhio
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 7, 2007
          On 2/7/07, Jim Scheef <jscheef@...> wrote:
          > Anyone have information to contribute on these units?

          It's before my time, but I'll guess it's a Teletype Model 15.
          An old ham operator who was into RTTY (radio teletype) would know for sure.

          --... ...-- -.. . -. ..--- ..-. -.-- .
        • William Donzelli
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 7, 2007
            > Most of the manufacturer plates say "Property of Western Union Teletype" and little else – no model number. The last picture shows a stamp that I read as 1935.

            The orange square stamp with the big A is a Signal Corps acceptance
            stamp from the 1950s. Your unit left the factory during that time, not
            the 1930s.

            --
            Will
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 7, 2007
              Andy,

              I think you're right. I followed some leads from Evan and found pictures and information that pointed to the M15. I joined the Greenkeys list and will post the pictures there.

              Jim