NCR MNMOS EAROM Memory Datasheet

  • synton88
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3 10:27 AM
      Ok, I'm a lurker here, learned & joined MARCH when I made the trek up
      from MD to the Trenton Fest a couple years ago. Hope to get to NJ
      area again to see all the great things the group has done!

      Sorry for the slightly off topic post, but this regards a company who
      was a player in components for retro period machines....

      I am looking for the data sheet of memory made by NCR (aka Nitron) in
      the 1980's time period:

      NC7033 336 bit (21x16) Word Alterable, MNMOS EAROM "Word Alterable ROM"

      or

      NCR52801 N7700020FMNABA 14 Pin Dip of same apparent function as NC7033

      It appears to be a serial RAM, made at a time when rewrite lifetime
      was a significant issue, so data was often written identically in
      several locations and a correct read verified by voting the identical
      location read results.

      Anyone of MARCHs guru's have any old 80's data sheets?

      Thanks!
    • Bob Grieb
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3 10:37 AM
        I have an NCR data book from 1985 which has the 52801 in it.
        It's a 16x16 (256-bit) Serial EEPROM.

        I don't see the other part you mentioned.

        Bob Grieb (rlgrieb at verizon.net)

        --- synton88 <microwavejoe@...> wrote:

        > Ok, I'm a lurker here, learned & joined MARCH when I made the trek up
        > from MD to the Trenton Fest a couple years ago. Hope to get to NJ
        > area again to see all the great things the group has done!
        >
        > Sorry for the slightly off topic post, but this regards a company who
        > was a player in components for retro period machines....
        >
        > I am looking for the data sheet of memory made by NCR (aka Nitron) in
        > the 1980's time period:
        >
        > NC7033 336 bit (21x16) Word Alterable, MNMOS EAROM "Word Alterable
        > ROM"
        >
        > or
        >
        > NCR52801 N7700020FMNABA 14 Pin Dip of same apparent function as
        > NC7033
        >
        > It appears to be a serial RAM, made at a time when rewrite lifetime
        > was a significant issue, so data was often written identically in
        > several locations and a correct read verified by voting the identical
        > location read results.
        >
        > Anyone of MARCHs guru's have any old 80's data sheets?
        >
        > Thanks!

        The fish are biting.
      • synton88
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 3 3:10 PM
          Thanks for your help Bob, this was exactly what I needed. I can now
          understand the waveforms on the o-scope!
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 3 7:30 PM
            Hi, Synton88. Thanks for delurking. Let me know (off-list) when you'll be
            able to visit, and I will give you a tour of the InfoAge facility.