Re: [midatlanticretro] anyone doing any vintage computing tonight?

    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 2, 2007
      Bill,

      Looks like I've made contact with the owner of those two teletype machines and plan to pick them up Monday. If anyone would like to come along for the ride, you need to be at my house in New Milford, CT, at 9am. It will be an all day adventure.

      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 2, 2007
        Wonderful. I still need to fix mine. I wish I could go. What I would
        like to do, if we could somehow, is bring the three together so that we
        can take them apart and compare how they're assembled and swap parts. I
        assume that they are both the Teletype Model 33's? A model 33 is vital to
        a good museum, don't you think?
        Bill

        > Bill,
        >
        > Looks like I've made contact with the owner of those two teletype machines
        > and plan to pick them up Monday. If anyone would like to come along for
        > the ride, you need to be at my house in New Milford, CT, at 9am. It will
        > be an all day adventure.
        >
        > Jim

        -END-
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 2, 2007
          Do we need someone for 2/18? I was hoping to visit InfoAge that day.
          Evan? anyone?
          Bill D
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 2, 2007
            Offer accepted.

            Will email you off-list with details.

            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 4, 2007
              Bill,

              Absolutely! Hopefully we'll have a Model 33 that is reliable enough that we can let people watch it dance.

              Jim

              Wonderful. I still need to fix mine. I wish I could go. What I would
              like to do, if we could somehow, is bring the three together so that we
              can take them apart and compare how they're assembled and swap parts. I
              assume that they are both the Teletype Model 33's? A model 33 is vital to
              a good museum, don't you think?
              Bill

              > Bill,
              >
              > Looks like I've made contact with the owner of those two teletype machines
              > and plan to pick them up Monday. If anyone would like to come along for
              > the ride, you need to be at my house in New Milford, CT, at 9am. It will
              > be an all day adventure.
              >
              > Jim

              -END-