SASI to MFM boards available WD1002-SHD

  • Kelly Leavitt
    Message 1 of 3 , May 13 11:39 AM
      I have quite a few of these thanks to Roy Soltof. If anyone needs them
      let me know. You just pay for shipping from New Jersey. Most are New In
      Box units. I also have the appnotes.
      Message 2 of 3 , May 13 11:49 AM
        Kelly,

        Would these allow connecting an 8" floppy drive (SASI, I think) to an MFM
        hard drive controller? Or is this a HD controller with a SASI interface? Are
        there device drivers for anything to make these boards work, or is that left
        as an exercise for the user? Are these ISA bus?

        Jim

        Message 3 of 3 , May 13 11:57 AM
          Jim:

          They are designed to allow the user to connect up to 2 MFM hard drives
          (st-512?) to computers with a SASI (precursor to SCSI i think) bus. There
          are no drivers, these are just bare boards.

          One end is a 50 pin header for SASI cable, the other end had 2 20-pin
          headers and a 34 pin edge connector for the MFM hard disks.