Re: [midatlanticretro] anyone doing any vintage computing tonight?

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 2, 2007
      On Thu, 1 Feb 2007, B. Degnan wrote:

      > yes to question 1, Kelly will be better to answer your 2nd question but
      > usually it's the drive not the controller. when I get a cylinder 0 head 0
      > error, that means possibly that it's not a compatible drive. what do you
      > know about the hard drive?

      The system came with an internal 15MB drive, and an external 15MB
      drive. Both drives exhibit the same error (as above) when trying to
      format with diskutil. The drive I substituted was a Miniscribe 6085,
      which hasn't been used for many years. Kelly is going to provide me with
      some service info on the controller.

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 2, 2007
        Bill,

        Looks like I've made contact with the owner of those two teletype machines and plan to pick them up Monday. If anyone would like to come along for the ride, you need to be at my house in New Milford, CT, at 9am. It will be an all day adventure.

        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 2, 2007
          Wonderful. I still need to fix mine. I wish I could go. What I would
          like to do, if we could somehow, is bring the three together so that we
          can take them apart and compare how they're assembled and swap parts. I
          assume that they are both the Teletype Model 33's? A model 33 is vital to
          a good museum, don't you think?
          Bill

          > Bill,
          >
          > Looks like I've made contact with the owner of those two teletype machines
          > and plan to pick them up Monday. If anyone would like to come along for
          > the ride, you need to be at my house in New Milford, CT, at 9am. It will
          > be an all day adventure.
          >
          > Jim

          -END-
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 2, 2007
            Do we need someone for 2/18? I was hoping to visit InfoAge that day.
            Evan? anyone?
            Bill D
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 2, 2007
              Offer accepted.

              Will email you off-list with details.

              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 4, 2007
                Bill,

                Absolutely! Hopefully we'll have a Model 33 that is reliable enough that we can let people watch it dance.

                Jim

                Wonderful. I still need to fix mine. I wish I could go. What I would
                like to do, if we could somehow, is bring the three together so that we
                can take them apart and compare how they're assembled and swap parts. I
                assume that they are both the Teletype Model 33's? A model 33 is vital to
                a good museum, don't you think?
                Bill

                > Bill,
                >
                > Looks like I've made contact with the owner of those two teletype machines
                > and plan to pick them up Monday. If anyone would like to come along for
                > the ride, you need to be at my house in New Milford, CT, at 9am. It will
                > be an all day adventure.
                >
                > Jim

                -END-