RE: [midatlanticretro] Anyone? Museum volunteer for this Sunday please?

    Message 1 of 22 , Jan 27, 2007
      5.25, methinks.

      From: B. Degnan [mailto:billdeg@...]
      Sent: Saturday, January 27, 2007 7:40 PM
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [midatlanticretro] Anyone? Museum volunteer for this Sunday please?

      I have a Xerox 820 if you need help.  What sized drives?
      Bill
      <snip>
       there's also a box (again, "Somewhere!") of cables and software for the Xerox 820 if you want to work on it.  <snip>
      Message 2 of 22 , Jan 27, 2007
        what kind of shape is it in?

        At 07:42 PM 1/27/2007 -0500, you wrote:
        5.25, methinks.
        Message 3 of 22 , Jan 27, 2007
          I haven't tested it, but if I recall correctly, the donator (Bill D'Augustine, on this list) said it's in good condition.

          Seems like a good reason for you to volunteer one Sunday.   :)

            Don't worry E-Van.  I wasn't planning on just hanging around.

            5.25, methinks.

            I have a Xerox 820 if you need help.  What sized drives?
            Bill
            <snip>
             there's also a box (again, "Somewhere!") of cables and software for the Xerox 820 if you want to work on it.  <snip>

            Moderator at http://forums.palm.com
          • Jeffrey Frady
            Message 5 of 22 , Jan 27, 2007
              Yeah yeah.

              Jeff, I apologize.  I intended the reply to be private.

              Message 6 of 22 , Jan 27, 2007
                one of many.
                Bill

                At 08:21 PM 1/27/2007 -0500, you wrote:
                I haven't tested it, but if I recall correctly, the donator (Bill D'Augustine, on this list) said it's in good condition.

                Seems like a good reason for you to volunteer one Sunday.   :)
              • ysgdhio
                Message 7 of 22 , Jan 31, 2007
                  (So after this whole protracted thread...)
                  How was it on Sunday?!
                  Message 8 of 22 , Jan 31, 2007
                    It was slow. Fred said at tonight's meeting that Sunday was the first time
                    our trend of increasing visitorship didn't continue. But he said the people
                    who did visit were very interested in what we're all doing, vs. just being
                    more casual observers.

                    Jeff: Fred and others of the InfoAge crew all they were impressed by how
                    well you did.

                    (So after this whole protracted thread...) How was it on Sunday?!

                    Yahoo! Groups Links
                  • Ron Kushnier
                    Message 9 of 22 , Feb 1, 2007
                      The winter months are always slow. I'd expect it to pick up again come spring.
                    • Jeffrey Frady
                      Message 10 of 22 , Feb 1, 2007
                        It was a very slow day.  About 7 peeps came to visit.

                        Message 11 of 22 , Apr 24 2:22 PM
                          Jeff B. and I tried MARCH's Xerox 820. As soon it turns on, it says "RAM Error". We have manuals, maybe time to RTFM....
                          Message 12 of 22 , Apr 24 3:01 PM
                            You don't need a boot disk t get to the ROM

                            Yahoo! Groups Links<*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/midatlanticretro/<*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional<*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/midatlanticretro/join (Yahoo! ID required)<*> To change settings via email: midatlanticretro-digest@yahoogroups.com midatlanticretro-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: midatlanticretro-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                            Message 13 of 22 , Apr 24 3:04 PM
                              We didn't have that choice. Just turned it on and immediately got the error message.

                              From: B Degnan <billdeg@...>
                              Sender: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
                              Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 18:01:02 -0400
                              To: <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>
                              Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Xerox 820

                              Message 14 of 22 , Apr 24 6:32 PM
                                Reseat ram try again

                                From: B Degnan <billdeg@...>
                                Sender: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
                                Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 18:01:02 -0400
                                To: <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>

                                Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:
                                Jeff B. and I tried MARCH's Xerox 820. As soon it turns on, it says "RAM Error". We have manuals, maybe time to RTFM....
                                Yahoo! Groups Links<*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/midatlanticretro/<*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional<*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/midatlanticretro/join (Yahoo! ID required)<*> To change settings via email: midatlanticretro-digest@yahoogroups.com midatlanticretro-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: midatlanticretro-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                              • Dan Roganti
                                Message 15 of 22 , Apr 24 7:24 PM
                                  On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 9:32 PM, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

                                  Reseat ram try again

                                  sounds like another one of the eternal eluding mysteries of the universe
                                  sorta like the proverbial instruction: Lather, Rinse, Repeat
                                  is it a conditional branch loop or recursive ??
                                  ~haha