Anyone? Museum volunteer for this Sunday please?

    Message 1 of 22 , Jan 24, 2007
      Last week was our busiest day at Infoage so far. Every week has been an
      improvement, so this Sunday should be as well. But I can't make it this
      week because of a cancer fundraiser for my cousin. Can someone please
      substitute? It's only from 1-4 pm.

      - Evan
    • Jeffrey Frady
      Message 2 of 22 , Jan 24, 2007
        I volunteer for Sunday.  I'll confirm it tomorrow.  Any requirements?  Email me if you wish.

        Moderator at http://forums.palm.com
        Message 3 of 22 , Jan 24, 2007
          Thanks dude.  Will contact you off-list.

          Message 4 of 22 , Jan 27, 2007
            Just confirming.  I will be there tomorrow.  Bringing my girlfriend Rose along.  Joe Giliberti said he might come along.

            Message 5 of 22 , Jan 27, 2007
              Okay.

              I feel like a dick for saying this, but please keep in mind that the major purpose is to educate visitors about our club -- not to just hang out -- although fun is otherwise quite encouraged.

              In addition to the C= stuff, there's also a box (again, "Somewhere!") of cables and software for the Xerox 820 if you want to work on it.  Another system which works is the Kaypro; there's a white-ish box underneath the oscilloscope with software for that, too.  The HP-85 also works, but you'll want to download, print, and bring with you the pocket guide to programming it from www.series80.org -- ours is the model 85B -- but the site isn't loading right now; it worked last week so try it again later if you want.  I previously told you that our Epson HX-20 works great as well -- it has a fun demo program already in RAM so all you have to do is turn it on, press '2' to enter BASIC, then type RUN.  Please do not mess with the program since I haven't yet copied it to tape, but go ahead and demo it, especially to kids.

              The only things that are really "No touch!" are the EAI TR-20 (big analog thing in the corner with punchboard wired programming) and the Altair 8800.

              Good luck!!!  I saw Fred today and he'll be around to let you in at 1-ish.

              Message 6 of 22 , Jan 27, 2007
                Jeff, I apologize.  I intended the reply to be private.

                Message 7 of 22 , Jan 27, 2007
                  I have a Xerox 820 if you need help.  What sized drives?
                  Bill
                  <snip>
                   there's also a box (again, "Somewhere!") of cables and software for the Xerox 820 if you want to work on it.  <snip>
                  Message 8 of 22 , Jan 27, 2007
                    5.25, methinks.

                    Message 9 of 22 , Jan 27, 2007
                      what kind of shape is it in?

                      At 07:42 PM 1/27/2007 -0500, you wrote:
                      5.25, methinks.
                      Message 10 of 22 , Jan 27, 2007
                        I haven't tested it, but if I recall correctly, the donator (Bill D'Augustine, on this list) said it's in good condition.

                        Seems like a good reason for you to volunteer one Sunday.   :)

                          Don't worry E-Van.  I wasn't planning on just hanging around.

                          5.25, methinks.

                          Message 12 of 22 , Jan 27, 2007
                            Yeah yeah.

                            Message 13 of 22 , Jan 27, 2007
                              one of many.
                              Bill

                              At 08:21 PM 1/27/2007 -0500, you wrote:
                              I haven't tested it, but if I recall correctly, the donator (Bill D'Augustine, on this list) said it's in good condition.

                              Seems like a good reason for you to volunteer one Sunday.   :)
                            • ysgdhio
                              Message 14 of 22 , Jan 31, 2007
                                (So after this whole protracted thread...)
                                How was it on Sunday?!
                                Message 15 of 22 , Jan 31, 2007
                                  It was slow. Fred said at tonight's meeting that Sunday was the first time
                                  our trend of increasing visitorship didn't continue. But he said the people
                                  who did visit were very interested in what we're all doing, vs. just being
                                  more casual observers.

                                  Jeff: Fred and others of the InfoAge crew all they were impressed by how
                                  well you did.

                                  (So after this whole protracted thread...) How was it on Sunday?!

                                  Yahoo! Groups Links
                                • Ron Kushnier
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Feb 1, 2007
                                    The winter months are always slow. I'd expect it to pick up again come spring.
                                  • Jeffrey Frady
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Feb 1, 2007
                                      It was a very slow day.  About 7 peeps came to visit.

                                      Message 18 of 22 , Apr 24, 2011
                                        Jeff B. and I tried MARCH's Xerox 820. As soon it turns on, it says "RAM Error". We have manuals, maybe time to RTFM....
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Apr 24, 2011
                                          You don't need a boot disk t get to the ROM

                                          Yahoo! Groups Links<*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/midatlanticretro/<*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional<*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/midatlanticretro/join (Yahoo! ID required)<*> To change settings via email: midatlanticretro-digest@yahoogroups.com midatlanticretro-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: midatlanticretro-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                                          Message 20 of 22 , Apr 24, 2011
                                            We didn't have that choice. Just turned it on and immediately got the error message.

                                            From: B Degnan <billdeg@...>
                                            Sender: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
                                            Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 18:01:02 -0400
                                            To: <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>
                                            Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Xerox 820

                                            Message 21 of 22 , Apr 24, 2011
                                              Reseat ram try again

                                              From: B Degnan <billdeg@...>
                                              Sender: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
                                              Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 18:01:02 -0400
                                              To: <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>

                                              Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:
                                              Jeff B. and I tried MARCH's Xerox 820. As soon it turns on, it says "RAM Error". We have manuals, maybe time to RTFM....
                                              Yahoo! Groups Links<*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/midatlanticretro/<*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional<*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/midatlanticretro/join (Yahoo! ID required)<*> To change settings via email: midatlanticretro-digest@yahoogroups.com midatlanticretro-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: midatlanticretro-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                                            • Dan Roganti
                                              Message 22 of 22 , Apr 24, 2011
                                                On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 9:32 PM, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

                                                Reseat ram try again

                                                sounds like another one of the eternal eluding mysteries of the universe
                                                sorta like the proverbial instruction: Lather, Rinse, Repeat
                                                is it a conditional branch loop or recursive ??
                                                ~haha