Re: [midatlanticretro] Magnavox Counter (?) correction - can anyone identify this thing?

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 15, 2007
      I can't say with confidence that is what it says. But I can't say with
      confidence that you're wrong either. I have been puzzling over this label
      for a while now....here is a blown up version:
      http://vintagecomputer.net/Magnavox/serial_number_label_large.jpg

      The lesson here is to remember to use good handwriting.

      Ultimately it's the components that will reveal the purpose of this box. I
      am open to more opinions.

      Bill

      Message 2 of 10 , May 23, 2007
        HI

        I have updated my web site, vintagecomputer.net

        hope you like it.

        Message 3 of 10 , May 23, 2007
          I should add, here is what's covered this time...

          Topics:
          Univac 1219 Military Computer (including rare sales manual)
          Commodore Plus/4 Easter Egg
          Happy 30th Commodore PET
          Making an IBM 1.1 Boot disk

          Pictures:
          -TRS 80 Model 100
          -MITS Altair 8800b
          -MITS Altair 680b

          more
        • Dan
          Message 4 of 10 , May 24, 2007
            Bill,

            That's a good story about the Univac 1219.
            But I like to see the components on the dual nor gate module.
            I like reading old components -- even if they're not IC chips :)
            But I found it in that directory of pics on there [didnt see a direct link]
            http://vintagecomputer.net/univac/1219/univac_1219_dual-nor-gate_top.jpg
            I just couldnt see which transistors they used on there.
            One of my old projects around '73 was building logic gates from discrete
            transistors.

            =Dan

            Message 5 of 10 , May 24, 2007
              I'll take a look
              BIll

              > Bill,
              >
              > That's a good story about the Univac 1219.
              > But I like to see the components on the dual nor gate module.
              > I like reading old components -- even if they're not IC chips :)
              > But I found it in that directory of pics on there [didnt see a direct
              > link]
              > http://vintagecomputer.net/univac/1219/univac_1219_dual-nor-gate_top.jpg
              > I just couldnt see which transistors they used on there.
              > One of my old projects around '73 was building logic gates from discrete
              > transistors.
              >
              > =Dan
              >
              > [ My Corner of Cyberspace http://ragooman.home.comcast.net/ ]
              >

              > B. Degnan wrote:
              >>
              >> HI
              >>
              >> I have updated my web site, vintagecomputer.net
              >>
              >> hope you like it.
              >>
              >> Bill

              >> 3:59 PM
              >>

              > Yahoo! Groups Links