Big update to marchclub.org

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 5, 2007
      Our homepage isn't so pathetic anymore, i.e., I'm no longer embarassed to
      give out the marchclub.org address instead of our Yahoo address!

      I just spent three hours rebuilding it. It's still very simple, but now
      it's much more detailed and much better organized. In the future we'll add
      more links to pictures, resources, perhaps a member location map, etc. ....
      I did post a bunch of pictures from VCF East 3.0, basically they are
      "borrowed" from other pages around the web.

      Big thanks to Bill Degnan for donating the hosting space!

      - Evan
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 6, 2007
        Correction: please spread the domain "midatlanticretro.org" instead of
        marchclub.org. The latter was only temporary.

        If anyone outside of MARCH wants contact information, just tell them to
        email me at evank@....

        - EK

        Our homepage isn't so pathetic anymore, i.e., I'm no longer embarassed to
        give out the marchclub.org address instead of our Yahoo address!

        I just spent three hours rebuilding it. It's still very simple, but now
        it's much more detailed and much better organized. In the future we'll add
        more links to pictures, resources, perhaps a member location map, etc. ....
        I did post a bunch of pictures from VCF East 3.0, basically they are
        "borrowed" from other pages around the web.

        Big thanks to Bill Degnan for donating the hosting space!

        - Evan

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Jeffrey Frady

          Moderator at http://forums.palm.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 6, 2007
            It is right.  mid atlantic retro ...

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 6, 2007
              Weird, site wasn't working when I posted that other message.

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 12, 2007
                If Evan can crow, so can I. :-)

                I managed to get my 16KB TRS-80 Model I, Level II running last night.
                I got to use a lot of my toys, including the scope, freq meter and DMM.
                The system had a sync problem, and I couldn't get a stable display.
                Turns out that there was a bad inverter in both the horizontal and
                vertical sync circuits. I replaced two 74C04 chips, and it's running
                perfectly.

                This particular unit was a pain to work on, because it has a 3rd party
                lower case mod installed, along with two other switches. The switches
                were all attached with wire-wrap wire, which breaks if you look at it
                sideways. I also had to temporarily remove the Level II ROM upgrade,
                which is fastened to the bottom of the main board with double sided tape,
                to replace one of the 74C04s. Yes, that was a factory mod.

                All it needs now is an expansion interface. Anyone have one to
                sell/trade?

                Mike Loewen mloewen@...