Cottonwood BBS

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2007
      Has anyone tried to connect to this lone star in a faded galaxy?

      http://hometown.aol.com/cottonwoodbbs/

      +1 (951)242-3593
      Located in Moreno Valley, California, USA.
      Operating 24 hours a day, at 300/1200/2400 baud.
      Running on a Commodore 64 with All American BBS
      The only remaining dial-up BBS run on a Commodore 64 in the world!

      Using the following I was able to connect to Cottonwood:
      C 128 w/ Jiffy DOS  (in C 64 Mode)
      C 1541/1571/2 1581 drives
      Terminal program: "EAGLETERM"
      Commodore 1670 1200b modem

      I am user #6, "billdeg"

    • Jim Kalin
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2007

        Two of closest friends used to run a BBS using a Commodore 64, back in the late 80’s and early 90’s.

        Jim K.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 3, 2007
          My girlfriend's dad was a really big on BBS and the Commodore back in the day.  He ran The Pit Stop and was on The Commodore Den I think.

          --
          Moderator at http://www.PalmInfocenter.com/
        • Bob Applegate
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 4, 2007
            I ran a BBS from about 81 until 84 or so.  Can't quite remember when I pulled the
            plug.  It ran on a variety of machines over the years, including an Atari 800 and a
            Ferguson BigBoard.

            Bob

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 5, 2007

              Those were the days.