Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: any vintage computers under the tree/minorrah/etc?

  • M. Frank
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 31, 2006

      Herb mentions Don Maslin, I have a quick story about the only time I emailed Mr. Maslin:

      About 8 years ago I was looking for a boot disk and I sent an email to Don, he said he had the boot disk but that I should describe the problem in a little more detail, well I did (in very non-technical terms), he replied and said  I didn't need a boot disk but that my eprom on the zpu board was bad;    he then said he would remove the eprom from his zpu board and send it to me as a test.

      I replied that I could never take someones eprom as I'd probably ruin it.  I still can't believe that he offered to do this - he didn't know me and had no reason to trust me

      Happy New Year!

      http://mail.yahoo.com