Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: What is Santa bringing you this year?

  • Joe Giliberti
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 13, 2006
      If you do decide to do this, I'm great at PCB solder work. I could probably turn out 5 a day :)

      On 12/13/06, ysgdhio < ysgdhio@...> wrote:

      On 12/10/06, Jim Scheef <jscheef@...> wrote:
      > Once we have the museum up and running, this might be something that would make
      > a good grant request. At wall size, we could probably find a less expensive way
      > to build it if we looked.

      I agree a Life wall would be an excellent display.

      The advantage to using these particular units is that even with a small number
      of modules installed, visitors would still have something to look at
      during construction.
      As for funding such a project, perhaps there is a discount for bulk purchase
      or because we're a 501c3. Also we might consider having a sponsor for
      each module,
      say, for a donation of $50 or more, and affix the name of the donor
      (individual or organization) to the module they purchased.

      A grant might be better suited to the megalithic display, as I imagine
      writing the grant request will take as long as, if not longer than,
      the time it would take to construct such a display.

      Andy