Re: [midatlanticretro] MARCH Party Menu...

  • Sridhar Ayengar
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 10, 2006
      Bryan Pope wrote:
      > For all those who are coming (and for those who are still on the fence -
      > it is going to be fun, so you want to be part of it!!) :) ,
      >
      > I am now thinking of making a crockpot of chili plus a couple of
      > lasagnas... The lasagnas would have had their sauce simmered to get the
      > best flavour and the noodles would be al dente. I have got rave reviews
      > for my lasagna before so I think you all will like it. (Instead of
      > ricotta I use cottage cheese) As for the chili, it will also be
      > slow-cooked to perfection... add hot sauce to adjust the heat.
      >
      > There will also be a deli tray with fresh meats and cheeses plus fresh
      > rolls and another tray with veggies.. Also, someone will be bringing
      > their mom's homemade chocolate chip cookies. I get the first one! :)
      >
      > I will also have a big pot of hot mulled apple cider! Yum! You add
      > your own rum if you want to.. For dessert how about pumpkin and apple
      > pies? (Bought!, but they will be good) with whipped cream....
      >
      > Please bring snack thingies and also hard and/or soft drinks, or be
      > creative! :)

      I'd love to come, but being a teetotaling vegetarian, not many of those
      dietary choices would work for me. 8-/

      Peace... Sridhar
    • Evan
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 11, 2006
        Hey dude. Obviously we want to be inclusive. :) Can you suggest a dish? Or you could bring something and enlighten the rest of us!
      • Greg N Shari (GMail)
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 11, 2006
          Sridhar,

          Do you eat cheese at all? If so, I can put together and bring a vegetarian lasagna for you. If not, I am sure I can come up with some other vegetarian dish you would enjoy if you can make it to the party.

          Greg Manuel

          P.S. What time will the party be???

          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 11, 2006
            Greg N Shari (GMail) wrote:
            > Sridhar,
            >
            > Do you eat cheese at all? If so, I can put together and bring a
            > vegetarian lasagna for you. If not, I am sure I can come up with some
            > other vegetarian dish you would enjoy if you can make it to the party.

            I eat cheese. A vegetarian lasagna and a salad would be enough for me.
            Plus I'll bring something to share.

            Peace... Sridhar
          • Greg N Shari (GMail)
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 11, 2006

              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 11, 2006
                Likewise!

                Damn, that sounds delicious!  I wish I was closer and could attend.

                Jim K.

                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 11, 2006
                  Well Sridhar is driving to my house, so you could drive to his house first, and then .... can you fit into the trunk of a Miata?

                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 11, 2006
                    Evan Koblentz wrote:
                    > Well Sridhar is driving to my house, so you could drive to his house
                    > first, and then .... can you fit into the trunk of a Miata?

                    If he wants to come down, he can park at my place, I'll drive all the
                    way and pick you up at your place.

                    Peace... Sridhar
                    Message 9 of 12 , Dec 11, 2006
                      Let's see what Andy says first (he lives near me.) It would be quite a lot
                      of driving for you because Bryan is at least an hour further than InfoAge.