Re: [midatlanticretro] MARCH Party Menu...

  • Jeffrey Frady
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 10, 2006
      Sounds yummy!  I might rethink my decision on not coming.

      On 10/12/06, Jim Kalin <jkalin196511@...> wrote:

      Damn, that sounds delicious!  I wish I was closer and could attend.

      Jim K.

      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 10, 2006
        Bryan Pope wrote:
        > For all those who are coming (and for those who are still on the fence -
        > it is going to be fun, so you want to be part of it!!) :) ,
        >
        > I am now thinking of making a crockpot of chili plus a couple of
        > lasagnas... The lasagnas would have had their sauce simmered to get the
        > best flavour and the noodles would be al dente. I have got rave reviews
        > for my lasagna before so I think you all will like it. (Instead of
        > ricotta I use cottage cheese) As for the chili, it will also be
        > slow-cooked to perfection... add hot sauce to adjust the heat.
        >
        > There will also be a deli tray with fresh meats and cheeses plus fresh
        > rolls and another tray with veggies.. Also, someone will be bringing
        > their mom's homemade chocolate chip cookies. I get the first one! :)
        >
        > I will also have a big pot of hot mulled apple cider! Yum! You add
        > your own rum if you want to.. For dessert how about pumpkin and apple
        > pies? (Bought!, but they will be good) with whipped cream....
        >
        > Please bring snack thingies and also hard and/or soft drinks, or be
        > creative! :)

        I'd love to come, but being a teetotaling vegetarian, not many of those
        dietary choices would work for me. 8-/

        Peace... Sridhar
      • Evan
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 11, 2006
          Hey dude. Obviously we want to be inclusive. :) Can you suggest a dish? Or you could bring something and enlighten the rest of us!
        • Greg N Shari (GMail)
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 11, 2006
            Sridhar,

            Do you eat cheese at all? If so, I can put together and bring a vegetarian lasagna for you. If not, I am sure I can come up with some other vegetarian dish you would enjoy if you can make it to the party.

            Greg Manuel

            P.S. What time will the party be???

            > For all those who are coming (and for those who are still on the fence -
            > it is going to be fun, so you want to be part of it!!) :) ,
            >
            > I am now thinking of making a crockpot of chili plus a couple of
            > lasagnas... The lasagnas would have had their sauce simmered to get the
            > best flavour and the noodles would be al dente. I have got rave reviews
            > for my lasagna before so I think you all will like it. (Instead of
            > ricotta I use cottage cheese) As for the chili, it will also be
            > slow-cooked to perfection.. . add hot sauce to adjust the heat.
            >
            > There will also be a deli tray with fresh meats and cheeses plus fresh
            > rolls and another tray with veggies.. Also, someone will be bringing
            > their mom's homemade chocolate chip cookies. I get the first one! :)
            >
            > I will also have a big pot of hot mulled apple cider! Yum! You add
            > your own rum if you want to.. For dessert how about pumpkin and apple
            > pies? (Bought!, but they will be good) with whipped cream....
            >
            > Please bring snack thingies and also hard and/or soft drinks, or be
            > creative! :)

            I'd love to come, but being a teetotaling vegetarian, not many of those
            dietary choices would work for me. 8-/

            Peace... Sridhar

          • Sridhar Ayengar
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 11, 2006
              Greg N Shari (GMail) wrote:
              > Sridhar,
              >
              > Do you eat cheese at all? If so, I can put together and bring a
              > vegetarian lasagna for you. If not, I am sure I can come up with some
              > other vegetarian dish you would enjoy if you can make it to the party.

              I eat cheese. A vegetarian lasagna and a salad would be enough for me.
              Plus I'll bring something to share.

              Peace... Sridhar
            • Greg N Shari (GMail)
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 11, 2006

                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 11, 2006
                  Likewise!

                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 11, 2006
                    Well Sridhar is driving to my house, so you could drive to his house first, and then .... can you fit into the trunk of a Miata?

                    Message 9 of 12 , Dec 11, 2006
                      Evan Koblentz wrote:
                      > Well Sridhar is driving to my house, so you could drive to his house
                      > first, and then .... can you fit into the trunk of a Miata?

                      If he wants to come down, he can park at my place, I'll drive all the
                      way and pick you up at your place.

                      Peace... Sridhar
                      Message 10 of 12 , Dec 11, 2006
                        Let's see what Andy says first (he lives near me.) It would be quite a lot
                        of driving for you because Bryan is at least an hour further than InfoAge.