RE: [midatlanticretro] MARCH Party Menu...

  • Jim Kalin
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 10, 2006

      Damn, that sounds delicious!  I wish I was closer and could attend.

      Jim K.

      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 10, 2006
        Sounds yummy!  I might rethink my decision on not coming.

        --
        Moderator at http://www.PalmInfocenter.com/
      • Sridhar Ayengar
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 10, 2006
          Bryan Pope wrote:
          > For all those who are coming (and for those who are still on the fence -
          > it is going to be fun, so you want to be part of it!!) :) ,
          >
          > I am now thinking of making a crockpot of chili plus a couple of
          > lasagnas... The lasagnas would have had their sauce simmered to get the
          > best flavour and the noodles would be al dente. I have got rave reviews
          > for my lasagna before so I think you all will like it. (Instead of
          > ricotta I use cottage cheese) As for the chili, it will also be
          > slow-cooked to perfection... add hot sauce to adjust the heat.
          >
          > There will also be a deli tray with fresh meats and cheeses plus fresh
          > rolls and another tray with veggies.. Also, someone will be bringing
          > their mom's homemade chocolate chip cookies. I get the first one! :)
          >
          > I will also have a big pot of hot mulled apple cider! Yum! You add
          > your own rum if you want to.. For dessert how about pumpkin and apple
          > pies? (Bought!, but they will be good) with whipped cream....
          >
          > Please bring snack thingies and also hard and/or soft drinks, or be
          > creative! :)

          I'd love to come, but being a teetotaling vegetarian, not many of those
          dietary choices would work for me. 8-/

          Peace... Sridhar
        • Evan
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 11, 2006
            Hey dude. Obviously we want to be inclusive. :) Can you suggest a dish? Or you could bring something and enlighten the rest of us!
          • Greg N Shari (GMail)
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 11, 2006
              Sridhar,

              Do you eat cheese at all? If so, I can put together and bring a vegetarian lasagna for you. If not, I am sure I can come up with some other vegetarian dish you would enjoy if you can make it to the party.

              Greg Manuel

              P.S. What time will the party be???

              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 11, 2006
                Greg N Shari (GMail) wrote:
                > Sridhar,
                >
                > Do you eat cheese at all? If so, I can put together and bring a
                > vegetarian lasagna for you. If not, I am sure I can come up with some
                > other vegetarian dish you would enjoy if you can make it to the party.

                I eat cheese. A vegetarian lasagna and a salad would be enough for me.
                Plus I'll bring something to share.

                Peace... Sridhar
              • Greg N Shari (GMail)
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 11, 2006

                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 11, 2006
                    Likewise!

                    Message 9 of 12 , Dec 11, 2006
                      Well Sridhar is driving to my house, so you could drive to his house first, and then .... can you fit into the trunk of a Miata?

                      Message 10 of 12 , Dec 11, 2006
                        Evan Koblentz wrote:
                        > Well Sridhar is driving to my house, so you could drive to his house
                        > first, and then .... can you fit into the trunk of a Miata?

                        If he wants to come down, he can park at my place, I'll drive all the
                        way and pick you up at your place.

                        Peace... Sridhar
                        Message 11 of 12 , Dec 11, 2006
                          Let's see what Andy says first (he lives near me.) It would be quite a lot
                          of driving for you because Bryan is at least an hour further than InfoAge.