MARCH Party Menu...

  • Bryan Pope
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 10, 2006
      For all those who are coming (and for those who are still on the fence -
      it is going to be fun, so you want to be part of it!!) :) ,

      I am now thinking of making a crockpot of chili plus a couple of
      lasagnas... The lasagnas would have had their sauce simmered to get the
      best flavour and the noodles would be al dente. I have got rave reviews
      for my lasagna before so I think you all will like it. (Instead of
      ricotta I use cottage cheese) As for the chili, it will also be
      slow-cooked to perfection... add hot sauce to adjust the heat.

      There will also be a deli tray with fresh meats and cheeses plus fresh
      rolls and another tray with veggies.. Also, someone will be bringing
      their mom's homemade chocolate chip cookies. I get the first one! :)

      I will also have a big pot of hot mulled apple cider! Yum! You add
      your own rum if you want to.. For dessert how about pumpkin and apple
      pies? (Bought!, but they will be good) with whipped cream....

      Please bring snack thingies and also hard and/or soft drinks, or be
      creative! :)

      Cheers,

      Bryan
    • Jim Kalin
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 10, 2006

        Damn, that sounds delicious!  I wish I was closer and could attend.

        Jim K.

        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 10, 2006
          Sounds yummy!  I might rethink my decision on not coming.

          --
          Moderator at http://www.PalmInfocenter.com/
        • Sridhar Ayengar
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 10, 2006
            Bryan Pope wrote:
            > For all those who are coming (and for those who are still on the fence -
            > it is going to be fun, so you want to be part of it!!) :) ,
            >
            > I am now thinking of making a crockpot of chili plus a couple of
            > lasagnas... The lasagnas would have had their sauce simmered to get the
            > best flavour and the noodles would be al dente. I have got rave reviews
            > for my lasagna before so I think you all will like it. (Instead of
            > ricotta I use cottage cheese) As for the chili, it will also be
            > slow-cooked to perfection... add hot sauce to adjust the heat.
            >
            > There will also be a deli tray with fresh meats and cheeses plus fresh
            > rolls and another tray with veggies.. Also, someone will be bringing
            > their mom's homemade chocolate chip cookies. I get the first one! :)
            >
            > I will also have a big pot of hot mulled apple cider! Yum! You add
            > your own rum if you want to.. For dessert how about pumpkin and apple
            > pies? (Bought!, but they will be good) with whipped cream....
            >
            > Please bring snack thingies and also hard and/or soft drinks, or be
            > creative! :)

            I'd love to come, but being a teetotaling vegetarian, not many of those
            dietary choices would work for me. 8-/

            Peace... Sridhar
          • Evan
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 11, 2006
              Hey dude. Obviously we want to be inclusive. :) Can you suggest a dish? Or you could bring something and enlighten the rest of us!
            • Greg N Shari (GMail)
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 11, 2006
                Sridhar,

                Do you eat cheese at all? If so, I can put together and bring a vegetarian lasagna for you. If not, I am sure I can come up with some other vegetarian dish you would enjoy if you can make it to the party.

                Greg Manuel

                P.S. What time will the party be???

                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 11, 2006
                  Greg N Shari (GMail) wrote:
                  > Sridhar,
                  >
                  > Do you eat cheese at all? If so, I can put together and bring a
                  > vegetarian lasagna for you. If not, I am sure I can come up with some
                  > other vegetarian dish you would enjoy if you can make it to the party.

                  I eat cheese. A vegetarian lasagna and a salad would be enough for me.
                  Plus I'll bring something to share.

                  Peace... Sridhar
                • Greg N Shari (GMail)
                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 11, 2006

                    Message 9 of 12 , Dec 11, 2006
                      Likewise!

                      Message 10 of 12 , Dec 11, 2006
                        Well Sridhar is driving to my house, so you could drive to his house first, and then .... can you fit into the trunk of a Miata?

                        Message 11 of 12 , Dec 11, 2006
                          Evan Koblentz wrote:
                          > Well Sridhar is driving to my house, so you could drive to his house
                          > first, and then .... can you fit into the trunk of a Miata?

                          If he wants to come down, he can park at my place, I'll drive all the
                          way and pick you up at your place.

                          Peace... Sridhar
                          Message 12 of 12 , Dec 11, 2006
                            Let's see what Andy says first (he lives near me.) It would be quite a lot
                            of driving for you because Bryan is at least an hour further than InfoAge.