Re: [midatlanticretro] Syntrex Aquarius II work processor

    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 6, 2006
      Bill and Evan,

      I suspect the hardware is unique and not a clone. Bill, does it boot DOS? I'll bet it's totally proprietary and thus quite rare.

      Jim

      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 6, 2006
        She (owner) never tried booting with a DOS disk. I am guessing that
        a person could boot with a dos disk, or a CP/M 86 disk at least.

        At Wednesday, 6 December 2006, you wrote:

        >Bill and Evan,I suspect the hardware is unique and not a clone.
        Bill, does it boot DOS? I'll bet it's totally proprietary and thus
        quite rare.Jim----- Original Message ----From: Evan Koblentz <evan@snarc.
        net>To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.comSent: Tuesday, December 5,
        2006 9:18:16 PMSubject: RE: [midatlanticretro] Syntrex Aquarius
        II work processor

        > It's interesting to MARCH because of its local angle,
        certainly not because
        >of its technology. I'd rather see us take it than not. Bill, if
        we have to
        >buy it, then cc: me and Jim privately.

        1992 in
        >> a chapter
        >> 11 restructuring. Prior to founding      Syntrex,
        Inc., Mr.
        >> Sinnott founded Interdata Incorporated, a company that
        >>      developed, designed and manufactured the first
        >> 32-bit mini-computer. BillB
        >> > Degnan <billdeg@degnanco. com> wrote:
        >> > Anyone
        >> > interested in a Syntrex Aquarius II word processing system? It's
        >> basically
        >> > a 1983 computer with a boot disk, etc. I am going to take
        a look at
        >one
        >> > later today, if anyone wants it (I don't) let me know. I will
        have
        >more
        >> > details later. Not much on the web about these.
        >> > Collectible/ historical? Bill-- E N D
        >> > --Yahoo! Groups
        >> > Links<*> To visit your group on the web, go
        >> > to:http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/midatlanti cretro/<
        *> Your
        >> > email settings:Individual Email | Traditional& lt;*> To change
        >> > settings online go
        >> > to:http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/midatlanti cretro/join(Yahoo!
        ID
        >> > required)< *> To change settings via
        >> > email:mailto:midatlanticretro- digest@yahoogrou ps.com
        >> > mailto:midatlanticretro- fullfeatured@ yahoogroups. com<
        >> > unsubscribe from this group, send an email
        >> > to:midatlanticretro- unsubscribe@ yahoogroups. com<*>
        Your use
        >> > of Yahoo! Groups is subject
        >> > to:http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/
        >> >

        >> > Need a quick answer? Get one in minutes from people who know. Ask
        >> > your
        >> question
        >> > on

        >> > Recent Activity