RE: [midatlanticretro] Who's coming to the holiday party?

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 6, 2006
      Greg,
      If I can speak for Evan....I would say that it should be working, clean, and small.  Then again, I may just bring a few items that I don't need and let people take what they want  ho ho ho.  I agree with Evan that this is not a formal thing, nor will there be an official anything accomplished.  My perspective is that when you come to a regular party you bring a bottle of wine.  For this gathering, also bring a box of diskettes or a book to put on the table (as well as a little soda/beer/food) to share.  What the item is worth is not important, I think that Evan meant don't bring or expect anything too expensive.  If you don't have anything at the moment it should not matter either.

      I made the orig. inquiry about a polyanna, it's just a casual thought, and no one should feel obligated.

      Bill

      At 05:53 AM 12/6/2006 -0500, you wrote:
      Evan, could you post a list of examples of what would qualify as a sub-$25,00 vintage computer gift? Something just to give us a starting off point for ideas? I know I would appreciate it and maybe some others too.

      Thanks,
      Greg

      P.S. I have something I want to donate to MARCH if interested. Should I bring it to the party?
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 6, 2006
        See Bill's answer.

        RE: donating to MARCH, email me off-list please.

        Thanks.