Re: [midatlanticretro] Who's coming to the holiday party?

  • Bryan Pope
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 5, 2006
      Evan Koblentz wrote:
      > Don't forget to email Bryan for directions to his house. Party is this

      Actually, the party is *next* Saturday, the 16th....

      Cheers,

      Bryan

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 5, 2006
        Good point.

        > Don't forget to email Bryan for directions to his house. Party is
        > this

        Actually, the party is *next* Saturday, the 16th....

        Cheers,

        Bryan

        > Saturday starting in the afternoon. People who are feeling warm 'n'
        > fuzzy about the holidays should bring some kind of food or drink for
        > all to share, and (optionally) a sub-$25 gift for the grab bag.
        >
        > I hope to see many of you there!
        >
        > - Evan

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Greg N Shari (GMail)
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 6, 2006
          Evan, could you post a list of examples of what would qualify as a sub-$25,00 vintage computer gift? Something just to give us a starting off point for ideas? I know I would appreciate it and maybe some others too.

          Thanks,
          Greg

          P.S. I have something I want to donate to MARCH if interested. Should I bring it to the party?

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 6, 2006
            Greg,
            If I can speak for Evan....I would say that it should be working, clean, and small.  Then again, I may just bring a few items that I don't need and let people take what they want  ho ho ho.  I agree with Evan that this is not a formal thing, nor will there be an official anything accomplished.  My perspective is that when you come to a regular party you bring a bottle of wine.  For this gathering, also bring a box of diskettes or a book to put on the table (as well as a little soda/beer/food) to share.  What the item is worth is not important, I think that Evan meant don't bring or expect anything too expensive.  If you don't have anything at the moment it should not matter either.

            I made the orig. inquiry about a polyanna, it's just a casual thought, and no one should feel obligated.

            Bill

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 6, 2006
              See Bill's answer.

              RE: donating to MARCH, email me off-list please.

              Thanks.