Who's coming to the holiday party?

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 4, 2006
      Don't forget to email Bryan for directions to his house. Party is this
      Saturday starting in the afternoon. People who are feeling warm 'n' fuzzy
      about the holidays should bring some kind of food or drink for all to share,
      and (optionally) a sub-$25 gift for the grab bag.

      I hope to see many of you there!

      - Evan
    • Bryan Pope
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 5, 2006
        Evan Koblentz wrote:
        > Don't forget to email Bryan for directions to his house. Party is this

        Actually, the party is *next* Saturday, the 16th....

        Cheers,

        Bryan

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 5, 2006
          Good point.

          > Don't forget to email Bryan for directions to his house. Party is
          > this

          Actually, the party is *next* Saturday, the 16th....

          Cheers,

          Bryan

          > Saturday starting in the afternoon. People who are feeling warm 'n'
          > fuzzy about the holidays should bring some kind of food or drink for
          > all to share, and (optionally) a sub-$25 gift for the grab bag.
          >
          > I hope to see many of you there!
          >
          > - Evan

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Greg N Shari (GMail)
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 6, 2006
            Evan, could you post a list of examples of what would qualify as a sub-$25,00 vintage computer gift? Something just to give us a starting off point for ideas? I know I would appreciate it and maybe some others too.

            Thanks,
            Greg

            P.S. I have something I want to donate to MARCH if interested. Should I bring it to the party?

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 6, 2006
              Greg,
              If I can speak for Evan....I would say that it should be working, clean, and small.  Then again, I may just bring a few items that I don't need and let people take what they want  ho ho ho.  I agree with Evan that this is not a formal thing, nor will there be an official anything accomplished.  My perspective is that when you come to a regular party you bring a bottle of wine.  For this gathering, also bring a box of diskettes or a book to put on the table (as well as a little soda/beer/food) to share.  What the item is worth is not important, I think that Evan meant don't bring or expect anything too expensive.  If you don't have anything at the moment it should not matter either.

              I made the orig. inquiry about a polyanna, it's just a casual thought, and no one should feel obligated.

              Bill

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 6, 2006
                See Bill's answer.

                RE: donating to MARCH, email me off-list please.

                Thanks.