Re: [midatlanticretro] 386 Grid Laptop (Evan - why so expensive?)

  • Ray Sills
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 30, 2006
      The bid history on this one looks "interesting"... the same bidder
      bid the price up from $50 to $99, before someone else bid $100. I'm
      sort of tempted to consider it, but not as a vintage piece, but
      rather as a machine to -use- for a specific application that only
      requires DOS. But then, I'm sure there are other units that would
      fill the bill.

      Certainly a rugged laptop, however.

      73 de Ray

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 30, 2006
        Obviously too new for my tastes, but maybe some 15xx models are more rare
        than others. Or since it supposedly came from NASA, maybe people like the
        idea of owning a computer which could have (who knows, right?) been in outer
        space.

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 30, 2006
          That is not a bidding war...that is SHILL BIDDING! The second highest
          bidder is bidding exclusively on items listed by the seller. The other
          item is a G.I. Joe doll.
          230056379327 Nov-23-06 Nov-30-06 12:32:33 US $100.00 Vintage GRIDCASE
          1530 Laptop Nice! cody1171 (*) tecnotron
          230058223981 Nov-27-06 Nov-30-06 16:51:12 US $21.50 GI JOE D-Day Salute
          Infantry Man mck3491 tecnotron

          Carlson
          Mad-Gear LLC

          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...>

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 30, 2006
            Ebay should pay bounty hunters to catch these bastards.