386 Grid Laptop (Evan - why so expensive?)

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 30, 2006
      Ebay auction 230056379327
      GRIDCASE 1530
      Evan (all) - what is so special about this laptop? It's not an early GRiD,
      so it must just be a bidding war. That said, if anyone wants it, I live
      near by and can pick up for you to save shipping. I am not personally going
      to bid, as I am sure Evan will not either...too new!
      Bill
    • Ray Sills
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 30, 2006
        The bid history on this one looks "interesting"... the same bidder
        bid the price up from $50 to $99, before someone else bid $100. I'm
        sort of tempted to consider it, but not as a vintage piece, but
        rather as a machine to -use- for a specific application that only
        requires DOS. But then, I'm sure there are other units that would
        fill the bill.

        Certainly a rugged laptop, however.

        73 de Ray

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 30, 2006
          Obviously too new for my tastes, but maybe some 15xx models are more rare
          than others. Or since it supposedly came from NASA, maybe people like the
          idea of owning a computer which could have (who knows, right?) been in outer
          space.

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 30, 2006
            That is not a bidding war...that is SHILL BIDDING! The second highest
            bidder is bidding exclusively on items listed by the seller. The other
            item is a G.I. Joe doll.
            230056379327 Nov-23-06 Nov-30-06 12:32:33 US $100.00 Vintage GRIDCASE
            1530 Laptop Nice! cody1171 (*) tecnotron
            230058223981 Nov-27-06 Nov-30-06 16:51:12 US $21.50 GI JOE D-Day Salute
            Infantry Man mck3491 tecnotron

            Carlson
            Mad-Gear LLC

            --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...>

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 30, 2006
              Ebay should pay bounty hunters to catch these bastards.